Day 4 Tomaxifen and nausia

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Day 4 Tomaxifen and nausia

Postby jane dio » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Jezza, I cry in the shower. I thought no one could hear but by baby girl (10yrs) asked me if I was crying and that if I wanted to hug her and cry it was ok. So wise beyond her years... made me feel terrible. I haven't changed anything yet as I will def check in with onc and make sure it's ok. I know I should be grateful, I've had it easy compared to a lot of girls out there. It's just wearing me down. Hubby wants to go see his mum next weekend, she's a couple of hours away and I would dearly love to go. The kids haven't seen their grandparents since Christmas. I'm not sure about the car trip, everything is still tender and healing. Too stressful to think about at the moment....I find it hard making decisions about anything, today I just want to lock myself away and bot deal with the real world.... i'm so very sad and angry all at once.. here somes that self pity again. I Need to suck it up and get on with it..
17/3/2017 IDC NOS -, E-Cadherin + ER + PR +. Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node removal 30/3/17

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Pilot program sounds interesting...let us know. You are doing all the right things by checking with your medical team but it really is the pits feeling so bad when you just want to get on with getting back to normal as much as possible. Hard when you are feeling cr*p and trying to put on a brave face.

Hubby sounds like a winner though!

Hugs

Jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Jezza, I have followup appoint with Rads Onc on Monday so I will chat with her but will also see breast care nurse. I've been asked to join a pilot program that Medical Onc is involved with. Should be interesting. I've been researching Tamoxofen and I might see if chemist will dispense script early and see if they can supply me 10mg so I can take 1 at night and 1 in the morning to see if this help. But you are right, at the moment I cannot function between the headaches and feeling so ill. Hubby doesn't know how bad I feel. He's really stepped up and between working more than 60 hours a week and coming home and doing most of the cooking, he's got enough to deal with. I've not told him about the headaches or anything i'm hoping in a day or two they will just go.
17/3/2017 IDC NOS -, E-Cadherin + ER + PR +. Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node removal 30/3/17

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Hi Jane

There have been numerous discussions about Tamoxifen on here over the years. I just put Tamoxifen into the search (top right of page) and it came up with 2855 matches! Lots of reading there.

5 hours of nausea daily sounds dreadful. I wouldn't put up with it for too much longer without chatting to a Dr or breast care nurse. It is too hard to function normally with constant headaches and nausea.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Thx Judy, It's Saturday and still have headache. I've tried Panadol but doesn't help, going to try ibeprofen. Nausea is everyday and last about 5 hours and then settles.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 pm

I hope so too or that it has nothing to do with the Tamoxifen. Hope you feel better soon.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Day 4 Tomaxifen and nausia

Postby jane dio » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:13 am

So, Started Tamoxifen on Monday and it's now Thursday. I've had nausea for the past 4 hours or so and headache for 24 hours. Hope this is just the effects of getting used to this drug and that it goes away very soon... :xfingers:

Return to “General Discussions”