Finished Rads Today ! Tamoxifen ??

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Finished Rads Today ! Tamoxifen ??

Postby Janette » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi CiCiJu and welcome,
Sometimes another brand of the drug has improved symptoms for some members in the past. I hope you find some improvement in your symptoms. Certainly discuss it with your medical team. :hugs:
Janette

CiCiJu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CiCiJu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 am

I have been on tamoxifen for the last two years, it's getting harder and harder. I have changed into a completely difference person, the rage, the anger, and the tears. I got mad at littlest things. I can't control myself.
Feeling hot all the time, especially at night.

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 am

Judy, That's the dilemma I have. The whole what if... If I refuse the Tamoxifen and it comes back.. A whole world I really don't want to think about. But as you said, I could always start and see how it goes. That's the option I am going with. I need to give myself every opportunity I can. I need to think about my family too so that leads to the next step of do I go thru gene testing, not so much for me but for my kids..
17/3/2017 IDC NOS -, E-Cadherin + ER + PR +. Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node removal 30/3/17

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Ugh Jane that sounds awful. Sounds to me like Tamoxifen couldn't make you feel much worse lol. As I was stage IIB and had lymph node involvement I was willing to do anything that the oncologist suggested. I was of the opinion that I could always stop if it was too difficult or made my quality of life too bad. At least I know that if I get a recurrence I did everything I could treatment wise to stop it happening.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:39 am

I'm hit and miss with periods now. Can go 3 months with nothing then wham the next 2 are extreme. I get hot flashes here and there and joint pain I already have. I'm 46 and some days I cannot get out of bed due to lower back and knees but I guess we learn to suck it up and move on..
17/3/2017 IDC NOS -, E-Cadherin + ER + PR +. Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node removal 30/3/17

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:05 pm

I went ok with Tamoxifen, my joints were a bit stiff, especially after sitting for a while so yes I did feel quite old but probably could have helped myself a bit more by exercising more.

I also got a thickened lining of the uterine wall but that was easily fixed with a D & C which was only day surgery and wasn't a big deal so if you do get any spotting then you need to speak up. Apart from that I did ok but I was only on it for around 3 years I think before changing to Femara.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:10 am

Judy,thx. How did you go with Tamoxifen? I've heard so many different things and am concerned

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes well done Jane, things should start to improve now. I hope the shooting pain eases soon. Look after yourself and thanks for coming back to let us know how you are going. It's great to hear from you.

Judy
:hugs:

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Thx Mo, Nurses also gave me solugel and non stick dressings. My nipple has the most amazing shooting pain thru it. I've bought bamboo nursing pads to give extra protection. During mapping I pulled something in my shoulder and have been having painfull pins and needles. The more time goes on the more pain I am in. It's only been the last week that's been bad. Anyway, got physio tomorrow so am hoping this will resolve the pain. Hoping to be able to sleep the night in my bed soon. The recliner is becoming very old very quick. Thanks for your reply

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Jane,
Well done Jane, you made it! The weeping blisters are a nuisance but heal quickly. I had 25 sessions and it was with the last few sessions that my skin broke down a little even though I had been applying sorbolene three times a day. The nurse gave me solugel to coat my burns and blisters and non stick mepilex dressings to apply which were really good. The tiredness is like nothing I'd experienced before. I used to fall asleep mid sentence sometimes! Make sure you rest when you can. It takes a while for you to gain back stamina. Two months after completing my rads I did a bc gym rehab program through the hospital which I can't recommend enough. I'm not a gym junkie, but the program really made me feel good, physically and emotionally. I can't help with your tamoxifen queries as I'm on letrazole, but I'm sure there are others here who may be able to help.
Hugs to you, Jane. You're a champion.
Mo xxx

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Finished Rads Today ! Tamoxifen ??

Postby jane dio » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:39 pm

Well, I finally got here. I was supposed to have 19 treatments. First 4 as boost then 15 whole breast. Rads Oncologist called me day 4 after my final boost and explained that she wasn't happy with only 15 for the entire breast because I have rather large breasts.. She went on to ell me that she wanted me to increase from 15 to 25 which would mean 29 treatments in total. I was a little gobsmacked and asked if it was really necessary. She told me she believed it was but if I wanted I could opt for increasing the dose of radiation and keeping 15 treatments. Anyways, I went for the 15 treatments and i am now done. I am very swollen and sore. I have blisters that are weeping and i'm more tired than I have been in yrs but all is good. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
My next step is Tamoxifen.. I am supposed to start in about 3 weeks but I am concerned of the side effects. Any thoughts??

Return to “General Discussions”