Olivia Newton John

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Olivia Newton John

Postby ruth1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:46 am

its always good to hear from people coming back to our forum - you were dx same time as me MK - June 2012 - I am grateful to be here and living well.Having this damn thing lurking is hard to keep in perspective and hearing of this awful thing for ONJ certainly gives us all a scare.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Welcome back MK, you're always welcome here. I hope you are doing well.

It does seem so unfair to hear that ONJ has secondaries after this length of time. :hugs:
Janette

MagicKiwi
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby MagicKiwi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Hello lovely ladies,

Not a prolific poster when I joined a few years ago but I do check up on you from time to time. I too have felt the need to come and see everyone "in person" at this news. It is quite unsettling indeed and wonder how it could get to this for Olivia. I might hang around for a while if that's OK. :heart:

MK

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:44 pm

:wave: I read on line that she is having some sort of radiation and her natural therapies
I think she is a vegetarian and she doesn't drink.
Like everyone I feel very sad for her and a fear for the future
Rosa

Samantha37
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Samantha37 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi Girls! :wave:
It's always news like this that brings me back to here (home?).

I'm finally on Facebook now, do you have a page Jet?

I'm well, heading into my 10th year since dx and making so many wonderful friends on here. You'll all love to know that "Tanya" and I are STILL the best of friends and we are heading to Bali in 3 weeks with our families, to celebrate our friendship and our 10 year cancerversary! :clap:

I hope this message finds you all happy and well.

Big kisses xxx
Dream. Believe. Discover. Create. Inspire. Conquer.

dibs
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby dibs » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Saddened to hear it as well, and it is gut wrenching :hugs:
That is exactly how I am feeling Schoolteacher, uncertain again, 12yrs on and that Dr makes that statement of receptor positive women have a greater chance of it metastasizing. Really ! :xfingers:

I have always stayed positive, I have always answered the question " are you OK now" with a " you can never say never" for fear of jinxing myself. But now it seems the further away you get from the start of your journey it changes somewhere along the way and becomes you are heading towards the end of your journey.

This really unsettles me because like most of us I guess we all say when I retire I am going to do what I want to do, start living instead of working every day because I have to - I have always had this fear even before BC of the closer I get to what I want/safety something is going to get me and I think because I am wanting and having to wait to move back to the coast to start "living" this fear has raised its head again - I think I need to find a rock and Meditate and get out of my head for a while. :hugs:
dx 04 at 48 -single - left 2cm grade 1 right 1cm grade 3 insitu - sentinal node only + full node clear left side receptor + HER2+ - elected Bi Lat Mast + chemo on arimidex 5yrs - recon expander then silcone implants C cup

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:49 am

Now girls, I so hope u realise the reality of bone mets, they are terminal eventually. Sorry, an ABCer who knows reality and once it has spread the clock starts ticking. She may get many years tho with hormones and chemo. Sorry to sound so negative but is reality :crybaby:
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed May 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Terribly upsetting news that after such a long time her BC has metastasized. For her personally, after all she has done for cancer research, and for all of us who feel reassured by each passing year. It cuts through our sense of security.
It's gut wrenching

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed May 31, 2017 7:35 pm

:wave: yes I was very sad to hear this news when I got up this morning
Rosa

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes....a real shock to us all.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Janette,
I felt the same when I heard the news.
After such a long time as well.
May she keep strong for another unfortunate leg of her breast cancer journey.
D*mn cancer! :( :heart:
Chris

Janette
Forum Legend

Olivia Newton John

Postby Janette » Wed May 31, 2017 3:47 pm

I was really upset to hear Olivia's BC has metastasized. I dearly hope this wonderful lady can beat this. :crybaby:
Janette

Return to “General Discussions”