Help - need a decision

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Help - need a decision

Postby JudyB » Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 pm

I am glad you went for that decision. Whilst I am certainly no expert and don't know the full ramifications of either I think it's better to get it over and done with. If they can do that more quickly then good. The sooner treatment is over the better.
:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Done and dusted.. Went in and spoke with Rads Oncologist and we decided to hit it hard and fast. So, doing 3 weeks intense. Tonight my breast is soooo very sore inside and out. Any advice on relieving the pain. I hate to say it but I had 1/2 a diazapan earlier because I ended up having a panic attack.
17/3/2017 IDC NOS -, E-Cadherin + ER + PR +. Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node removal 30/3/17

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby jane dio » Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 am

Thx Janette, I can't get GP appointment til tomorrow... I have reached out to my BC nurse and waiting for a call back and I have Rads Oncologist appoint this arvo before treatment. I ready wanted to be clear minded when I went to this appointment
17/3/2017 IDC NOS -, E-Cadherin + ER + PR +. Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node removal 30/3/17

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Jane,
It would seem the offer is for treatment that they feel may benefit you. There would be pros and cons that only a health professional should discuss. I would have a chat with a BC Nurse, GP,
and seek clarification from the rads team.

Good luck with your decision.
Janette

jane dio
Your Maj
Your Maj

Help - need a decision

Postby jane dio » Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 am

Hi all, so I just had my 4th :rads: treatment. This was the last intense one focused on the tumor site. Just had an interesting massage from the lymphedema nurse. Just got a call from my :rads: oncologist. She wanted to chat about the last 15 treatments. I am a big busted girl so what she wants to do is to increase the amount of radiation per treatment to make sure my entire breast gets enough. OR.. there is always an or.. Or I can keep the amount of radiation that I am currently on but increase from another 3 weeks to 5 weeks. She says the only thing that will change from my view is that the scare issue MAY be more affected and my booby May be more lopsided that it currently is. I've told her to go with the 3 weeks at the more intense but now I am wondering if that is the better way to go.. I am just a little confused. Any thoughts??

(Sorry, I did post this under my other thread but no responses yesterday)

Return to “General Discussions”