reading posts

Talk about anything here.
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: reading posts

Postby The new girl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 am

:wave: it will just remain a mystery why people join and never post.
Mighty oak how exciting to be waiting for your first grand baby, good to hear your feeling yourself again and taste buds improving,I think I had problems eating curtain foods thank god it wasn't chocolate :v_happy: for me there were smells I could not tolerate,my husband was using a cologne I could not cope with the smell,he had to stop wearing it
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm

I think Facebook has a lot to answer for with the quiet times for forums. Most forums seem to be the same even motorhome forums. Fixing the date default problem might help. Thanks for sticking around and very much for your help Jezza. It is much appreciated. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:27 pm

I can only assume they are using another site? They must heed to share with someone? MO is a star. Less and less newbies seem to post as you say

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:03 am

If you go to the member's pages and click on the last few pages you will see out of about 100 or so new members only a handful has ever posted (Mighty Oak is the star there!).

I just had to delete some of my Outbox messages as it was full of unopened welcome to the forum messages and couldn't take any more.

I also used to get quite a few answers to these and I don't any more. I asked Janette about it as I was concerned that with the forum update new members weren't getting email notifications to inform them that they had a PM from bcaus but apparently that's all ok.

I see in their "interests" a lot have concerns...just diagnosed, mets, hereditary, HER2+ starting rads etc etc so I really don't know why they join but don't come back....never log in again!

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi girls,
Happy New Year to all and hoping Christmas with your families was memorable. It's been low key for me, as it is most years. I have no family except hubby, daughter and partner and my son. My husband is an only child. I do envy people with big families but I guess they sometimes come with their own set of problems.

I am also saddened that not more people join in our forum discussions. As you say Rosa, that is what we are here for. There are lots of threads with lots of info so I guess the forum helps in that regard, but it's nice to have ladies who have travelled the same path to address questions or concerns personally. I have recommended this site to my bc nurse and she wrote down the details so I hope she includes 'us' in her information pack. Good for you Jezza, welcoming the newbies. We should all jump on board and do the same.

I am feeling really great health wise. My taste buds are about 95% of what they were! I still don't like chocolate, I think it's the texture rather than the taste as I like most things that are chocolate flavoured. I am also finding that I can now go without meat. Lamb in particular seems to be a turn off. Did any of you girls have a similar experience? The fatigue has disappeared so I got stuck into clearing out the wardrobe on New Years Day! I'm picking up my game a bit in regard to housework. After two recons on my shoulder followed by bc I admit I've let things slip over the last two and a half years, but as I keep telling myself, no one has ever died from having a full laundry basket or a cobweb or two!

My daughter only has 3 weeks to go until bubs is due so I'm getting excited now. She and I are going to the movies tomorrow to see Moana. I love Disney animations. Anyone seen it?

Health and happiness to all for 2017,
Mo xxx

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 pm

:wave: hi jezza,I didn't know you do that,I am even more confused as to why new members don't join the forum for the right reason and to to use it like the forum should be used.
I find it a bit frustrating
Rosa

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:50 pm

I do PM new members encouraging them to post but as you can see if you check the new members hardly any of them log in again to read their PM! Beats me...most are notified by email that they have a PM.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:31 pm

:wave: hi Janette,I do tick sign me in automatically but it's not happening.
I agree Ruth,wish we had more new people using the forum,I notice we have had new people but the join the forum only to read about what they are looking for but that's not what forums are about. Perhaps when they join they should be encouraged to use the forum the way it was set up for,if they are just reading through old posts it's just not the same,without the the interaction
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks so much Janette for the step by step instructions - its so good to be able to see posts again. Wish we had some more happening.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Excellent!
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 am

my problem is solved and working :happydance:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Rosa,
The only thing I can think of is ticking the sign me in automatically. I'm sorry you are having this problem. I may have to get some more professional help with the dates problem.
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 pm

:wave: hi ladies,I have the problem of having to sign in every time :grr:
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Tracey, its worked so far - I printed out Janette's instructions and followed it slowly. It seems to have worked.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:37 pm

quick links doesn't work for me Jezza - Ive just redone a reset again as Janette instructed on post to Pamela - its worked. A box appears instructing resubmit so Ive done that again - lets see if it stays on the settings I ve done.

Return to “General Discussions”