What am I in for?

Talk about anything here.
Babysaurs
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What am I in for?

Postby Babysaurs » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:35 pm

So let me tell you my story sorry if it's a bit all over the place.
My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer at 38 then again at 45 (different breast different cancer), 14 yrs later she's doing great and no recurrence.
Due to her history we knew the gene was a possibility, but no testing done.
I've been seeing a breast surgery and having regular check ups my self for the last nearly 2 yrs.
10yrs ago I found a lump that turned out to be a fibroadomena.
In May of last year I had an MRI and a mammogram in March all came back clear. 2moths later I found another lump. Had an ultrasound on it. Another fibroadomena. Scheduled for check up on it Monday just gone. I between that time I found another 4 lumps I left them knowing they'd check them Monday.
In the last 3 weeks the skin near the original fibroadomena started getting dry and funny.
Had ultrasound Monday also this near ultrasound machine thing fine apparently the first in Australia, check all lumps all liked like fibroadomena except for the one 10 yrs ago which my doc looked at straight away and said its coming out she thought it was bigger. It had blood flow through it so she wanted me to have a fine needle biop. She told me not to worry she was 95% sure it was benign.
About 1.5 hrs later she rang to say pathologist thought it looked suspicious and I needed to have a core biop done.
At 9:30 this morning she rang to tell me it's bad news, cancer and an aggressive one apparently. She was very shocked.
I have to have bone scan, ct scan another ultrasound and fine needle bios done on every other fibroadomena they can find on Thursday. Op Tuesday.
Due to mums history looks like I have the gene.
I'm only 33 and after mum I always knew this was a possibility but timing couldn't be worse, we were due to head to the U.S. Taking the kids to Disneyland and surround for 3.5 weeks. Needless to say now we aren't going.
I have to somehow tell my 5 and 8 yr old that we are t going they will be devastated, think I feel worse about that then anything:(
doesnt feel real yet.
Will see my doc Thursday too to find out more details and exactly what we are dealing with, but looks like I'll need to decide by Tuesday wether or not to have a masectomy maybe a double depending on results of other biopsys.
On the phone doc said chemo is very likely.
So please tell me what I'm in for I think knowledge is power and I want to know everything I can to beat this.
So far I've only told my husband. Can't bear to tell my mum and dad they are going away this Sunday for a week and I know they won't go if I tell them. So I'd have to lie and say all is well so they still go I dint won't to ruin Thier holiday and I know they won't get thier money back now.
Is that wrong can I not tell them?
DX 15/9/15 Bilateral BC
Bilateral Masectomy left axcillary clearance
1.3cm Grade 3 IDC or- pr+ her2- / Grade Medullery 3.6cm wealky or+ weakly pr+ HER2-
AC x4 T x12

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Discussions”