WEEKEND & EVERYDAY CATCHUPS

Talk about anything here.
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: WEEKEND & EVERYDAY CATCHUPS

Postby The new girl » Sat May 13, 2017 5:10 pm

:wave: hi back to you Tracey,hope your doing ok and a big hi to you Christine,the forum can be frustrating at times,I write replies to posts then don't see them so not sure what's going on,I just wish the forum was running like it was intended,we get new members that don't ever post which is strange then we get some that post a few times and just drop off,I just love the whole concept of forums but not really getting full use,I was with only one other forum up until last year,the 5.2 diet forum then they changed there format and I was having trouble getting in,and after some time decided to contact the moderator I think that's her title and no response after a few other e mails I got very frustrated and she finally replied saying she is not well and she does this on top of full time work and gets no payment so in short I feel bad for giving her a hard time and I don't return to that forum.
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks so much for your comments Ladies. I appreciate you letting us know. We will have to do something to fix this and I am sorry it is so confusing. There has to be a way and I've searched to do a global setting so far to no avail. Leave it with me to get some improvement. :hugs:
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JudyB » Fri May 12, 2017 9:04 pm

It is confusing, I also go to quick links but then click on unread posts. I then click on the individual link and click on the last page, that seems to work for me.

Hello Christine and Tracey, I have been wondering how you are both going.
:wave:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri May 12, 2017 6:40 pm

I do understand. I think it is confusing. I just go to Quick Links (under hedgehog!) and click new posts. I find this works for me but I think someone said a while back it didn't work for them.

Try it and see how you go.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri May 12, 2017 9:22 am

i do Janette and as Tracey said it all comes jumbled. the only way i got the last posts was by saying 'post reply' and then i could read the posts before!! I push page one, wrong, i push page 205,wrong. i push descending and it says 2007 or something. Very frustrating as Tracey said. i also try first unread post and it goes years back!!!
Maybe it is not just Facebook keeping numbers down, but people just give up.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri May 12, 2017 12:30 am

Christine I don't have lepto mets and I can't navigate this forum. Every time I change the settings they revert back. Within a topic all the responses are jumbled. I used to check every day and post often now I find it too frustrating.

Hello to everyone!
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu May 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Christine,
No not your fault really, the settings cannot be set by me has to be done by individual members, make sure bottom of page and UCP has
Sort by Post time Descending It should make more sense.

Good to see you here Christine. :hugs:
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed May 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Well i totally missed this trip on Facebook.
Janette, i'm hopeless at this new set up. I could see that jezza had posted in 2017 but all i could find were old posts from years ago. I know i don't come here much but i am finding it hard to negotiate!! Let's put it down to lepto mets!! :wave:
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 am

lol Janette....no he didn't! It was interesting (for him!) to price some of the vintage guitars that he has in his collection though. There are some serious collectors in Japan and some of the prices were huge.

Nice to wake up to a bit of rain today, though my son did a surprisingly good job of keeping the garden going while we were away.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 pm

:wave: hi jezza,as you know I am not on face book.
Happy to hear you have had a great time away. And yes Melbourne is unusually hot for this time of the year
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi Jezza,
I;ve been following your travels, gotta luv FB. Sounds like a wonderful well deserved holiday. Well the question is did DH get another guitar? :pmsl:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Well sorry I have been missing in action but those of you on Face Book will know I've been in Japan for the past few weeks.

What an amazing country! The people are so polite....every time we stopped to look at a map someone would come over and offer to help us. One lady gave us some complicated directions to a building we were looking for and we walked about a K and then stopped and starting looking around. She came up to us again...she had followed us to make sure we found it!

Loved Kyoto best I think. Tokyo was a little overwhelming at first especially since we were staying next to Shinjuku Station which I think is the busiest in the world with lots of different train companies running through it and about 200 exits! Needless to say if you come out at the wrong one you have no hope of finding your hotel. But there again, no pushing or shoving, no mobile phones are allowed to be used on trains and people are warned to be aware of "sound leakage: from their headphones.People talk quietly. The bullet trains are amazing.

It was pretty cold the whole time we were there....down to about 1degree minimum...now back to our late summer heat here in Melbourne.

Anyway back now and back to work on Thursday!

jezza

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Thanks girls, and thanks for those tips Jeanette and others. I'll look at it over the holidays, when it's not past my bedtime!! ( I used to be on a sporting forum that was the same as this, so I should know my way around!)

Rosa, congrats on the new baby :) Always precious. I decided not to take the role in Epping as it would have taken me about 1 hr 15 to get there. I'm in Dandenong and it's 29 mins via Eastlink - costs, but convenient. Plus two days is better right now.

Judy, sorry to hear about your forum buddy :( Glad your year has been better and hope a break over Christmas recharges your batteries - going to be hot though. I can advise you about moving and living overseas - we lived in Ireland from 2007 to end 2009. Fun, but has it's challenges.

A catch up would be awesome in the New Year. Take care all, and keep cool :wave:
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Pam, you certainly have been busy but I see that through FB. I am flat chat at work at the moment and struggling to get motivated, I think everyone at work is starting to wind down and finding it difficult to do that little extra push. The end of next week can't come quick enough.

I am part of another forum, non cancer related, and been very sad to see one of the high profile people there get diagnosed with BC. Unfortunately they found the cancer when they tried to do some back surgery on her and found the tumours so straight to advanced. I don't think she has been out of hospital much at all since her diagnosis and that was months ago. She is such a nice lady and has helped me a lot over the past year. I hate hearing of her being in so much pain.

On the home front though this year has been so much better than last year from hell and I am hoping that next year will be even better. I am enjoying life even with that cloud hanging over my head and most of the time I manage to forget it's there. I think having the breast cancer first got me used to the cloud so that now that it's a bit darker it doesn't bother me as much as it may have otherwise, if that makes sense. We are even considering going to the UK to live for a while but that's such a big step we will really have to think hard before committing.

Anyway doing lots of reading and even some cooking, made my second ever Christmas cake and it looks ok.

Catch you all later, hopefully a Melbourne catch up in the New Year, we have been slack.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:11 am

An easy way to catch up....go to Quick Links (top left) and click New Posts....done!

Someone posted about that when I struggled with the changeover. This way you see all the posts since you last logged in.

I think it may be the reason that posts are down. Members who pop in now and then get a bit lost and give up.

Busy morning this morning but will post later.

jezza

Return to “General Discussions”