Talk about anything here.
Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:13 pm

Janette

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Belinda » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Finish the cleanup - bwahahaha :pmsl: Jezza! Can we share a cell!!!!??? :pmsl: :pmsl:
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm now going to tear myself away from my computer and sort my desk out...nearly tax time again ...yikes!!!!

Each year I promise myself I will file all my stuff as I get it and I never do.

Did you ever finish your clean up Belinda?

This is gonna be a nightmare! Remember I got a "Please Explain" from the tax department last year...........are you allowed a laptop & internet connection in jail..

jezza.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:41 am

KJ - I would love to hear the story too do tell. Nothing like good real life romances!!! I watched Devil Wears Prada with bff after surgeries - she came and sat with me and watched movies for days (I dozed and watched)- I will always love her for that.

My "not to watch" tip - The Curse of the Zodiac. Margaret and David each gave it either 4.5 or 5 stars - I HATED it - gratuitous arthouse violence. Watched it the other week. Probably a unique and well made piece of cinema, but I just found it horrific to experience and not something I needed to expose my soul to. Prob what was intended. Saw "The Queen" too - Helen Mirren is - well - brilliant.

Favourite movie of recent years - Love Song for Bobby Long - low-key movie with John Travolta (but not like you have seen him before) and Scarlett Johanssen. It was nominated for a Golden Globe, but didn't get much publicity.

Last nights film event - beautiful! It was a short Film by Amy Kathleen, who is about 25, and has been battling with both anorexia and with emerging as a same-sex attracted woman since she was very young, and her film is called 'Despite', and is about her journey. I've known her since she was Lilly's age - she has had such an agonising journey of life and near death, but she has become so strong and intelligent. The evening was all cushions on the floor, candles, inscense, vegan food, acapella singing, drumming, the film and story telling. Apart from Amy and her film - two big highlights - a trio of women called Triptych sang a song (acapella) by Sinead O'Connor about her grief at not being with him to the extent she wanted as she went about her career - such a passionate love-song for a child, I wept and wept (and I wasn't alone). Then Rosalba Clemente, theatre actor and director, read the entire story of the Velveteen Rabbit, Amy's favourite childtime book, which is about the journey the Velveteen Rabbit takes to become real (a beautiful metaphor for Amy's life). Enthralling for big people and little people alike. DD had made some new friends and they all came back with her and cuddled like little rabbits along the length of reclining DH, who became a full length pillow for the little people while the story was read (it took about 30 mins). Aaawww.....

Enough to turn a boring weekend into a thing of beauty.

Belindaxxx
Belinda

Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:49 am

Made sure DH was out when I watched Devil Wears Prada cause OMG he is
so not into chick flicks, bags them the whole way through and ruins a no brainer good movie - I enjoyed it as that !!!
with pop corn, dressing gown and fluffy slippers
while he was O/Seas.

yes beautiful morning Jezza, havn't seen the sun like this for a while.
Kids playing new playstation game, DH reading paper and I am still in dressing gown and
fluffy slippers having too much coffee. No plans at all for today - LOVE IT!!!

$810 is fantastic Ann :clap:

Kim - give us the goss?

Beinda how was the film ?

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:36 am

Ann...well done with your fundraising..$810.00...thats impressive.

The Devil Wears Prada was ok...I knew it would be a chic flick but it was a bit too predictable for me. Didn't help watching it with DH as I knew he wasn't enjoying it. Was long too so we haven't watched his yet!

I have seen Notes on a Scandal and I agree...it was very very good. I loved Judi Dench...the way she turned her character around from a lonley lady to an obsessed,slightly mad person. Very well done and very subtle,
the way she changed. I saw that in a theatre too which makes a difference too I think.

Congratulations on your matchmaking Kim and yes I would love to hear the story.

Beautiful morning in Melbourne (so far) cold but sunny!

jezza

karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:12 am

Would love to hear it kim!!!

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Have you seen de javu (sp?) so good denzel HELLO!!!!!! so cute
im loving my weekend my bFF just got engaged and I introduced them so Im so happy. if you are interested il tell u the story soooooo cute love you all ,
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)
from Kim xxxx

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Ann » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Saw The Devil Wears Prada with some girlfriends and we all enjoyed. Saw the trailer of The Good Shepherd and it looked really good - I'd be interested to hear what your DH thought of it Jezza. The best movie I've seen in ages is Notes on a Scandal. Do see it if you get the chance - the acting is superb.
DH and I had a busy day: another bbq at the junior soccer with funds going to Mates on a Mission. We made $810, not bad for a morning's work.
Just veging out now with a glass of red,
Cheers,
Ann
:glug:
Carpe Diem

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:16 pm

Son and his partner and her kiddies have just left and we have restored order so the house now looks like a grown ups place :biggrin:. It was a lovely afternoon. The dishes are washing, the washing is drying and we are settling down to watch TV; the fire is warm and the wine is chilled. Heading off to the caravan and camping show in Coffs Harbour tomorrow. Weekends are meant to be like this. Enjoy the rest of yours. :clap:
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:07 pm

I love the Devil wears Prada! Good chick-flick! Sounds like a good day for movie-watching....and kids parties KJ. I did the washing today, dd and dh did the garden - found we had beans growing we had forgotten about - yum! Going to a fundraiser film event at the local community centre tonight - friends daughter who has recovered from anorexia - it's her story, and is going to be shown in July at the Philadelphia International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival - she's doing a showing with music and entertainment tonight to raise money to get herself there. She's had an amazing journey already in her young life. Other than that - pretty stay-at-home-keep-warm wekend going on here. Hope everyone else is having a good one...Bx
Belinda

Kj
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Kj » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:28 pm

that is a great film I love it.. we had a kids party today and now Mitchell has a friend over it's great though the laughter is so cool and they are great with my little one I just hope they go to sleep lol
Real friends are the ones who love you for being you!!!! (that is soooo important)

from Kim xxxx

sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby sedgymum » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:50 pm

I watched "The Devil wears Prada" today while I did the ironing.

I have seen it before but it really is a movie you can watch over.

Enjoy

Kelly
Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:46 pm

Borrowed The Devil Wears Prada for me and The Good Shepherd (CIA film) for him.

Open fire..few glasses of wine...lovely!

Probably fall asleep by 9..better watch my film first..lol

Love these Melbourne winters.

jezza

karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:41 pm

Can't say I have Jezza but I know where the kids will be dragging me in the holidays....shrek 3...
transformers....bridge to terabithia....luckily for me I always enjoy the kids flicks but a good chick flick
is nice once and a while.
karin xxx

Return to “General Discussions”