Can breast size increase after radiotherapy?

Talk about anything here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Can breast size increase after radiotherapy?

Postby Janette » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi Heal,
I wish I could be helpful but I don't know the answer. Do you have a breast care nurse that could advise you?

No experience with rads but the skin might lose some elasticity could be the reason. Also better to be forewarned incase it does happen. You do need to hear from someone with experience Im sorry. The forum is very quiet st the moment.

All the best. :hugs:
Janette

Heal
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can breast size increase after radiotherapy?

Postby Heal » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Anyone?

Heal
Wise one
Wise one

Can breast size increase after radiotherapy?

Postby Heal » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 pm

Hello lovely ladies,
My surgeon has told me that my breast size will likely be ‘frozen in time’ after radiotherapy and therefore will not ever increase in size even if I put on weight.
As I have lost 10kgs during chemotherapy, if he is right, I will end up with one B cup and one DD when I am healthy and put on weight again.
Has anyone out there had radiotherapy and found that their radiated breast increased in size with natural weight gain?
Or did it ‘freeze in time’ size wise?
I hope this makes sense! :heart:

Return to “General Discussions”