Lymphoedema Exercise Study

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lymphoedema Exercise Study

Postby molly dooker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm

I saw an article in the newspaper on the weekend about the abovementioned study.
I sent an email to the lady involved with the project asking if I could mention her details in the forum, and this was her reply:

Hello Christine,
Thank you very much for your email, I really appreciate you taking the time to contact me. It would be absolutely fantastic if you could post the information about the research on the breast cancer forum – thank you very much. I’m really trying to get the word out to women who suffer from lymphoedema secondary to breast cancer as we believe exercise can play a very positive role in the management of lymphoedema and this would be an excellent way to help spread the word. As involvement in the current projects does require visiting Edith Cowan University in Joondalup (we do need to see people in person) it would only be feasible for people who live in and around Perth to get involved. However, early next year the trial will also be running in the ACT through a collaboration with University of Canberra so anyone who is from ACT that is interested in finding out some more information can contact me as well.
Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions whatsoever.
Kind regards,
Prue

Prue Cormie, PhD

Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Vario Health Institute

Edith Cowan University

270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027
Phone: +61 8 6304 3418 | Fax: +61 8 6304 2499

Email: p.cormie@ecu.edu.au
Chris

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”