Breast Cancer Cluster Research - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Re: Breast Cancer Cluster Research - I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 pm

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm

I was diagnsoed at age 50 (2008) From age 6 to adult, lived in Ferntree Gully. I taught for 3 years in Croydon (1980-82) then The Basin (83-89)
It will be interesting to see what data you get but my feeling is BC is widespread sadly.

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Thanks Tracey

I think I just come up with a new question..Was your cancer ER and PR +

I'm thinking there could be a huge factor in products, toxins and things that mimic ER and that we are exposed to. Just one thought.

thanks again for your input :)

LuvMyLab
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby LuvMyLab » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm 37 and just diagnosed. Grew up in templestowe but moved to Eltham 11 years ago. No history on mum's side but there is on dad's side with his mum and her granddaughter.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tracey Gibney » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi I was diagnosed at 34 grew up and lived on the northern suburbs ie Preston Fairfield. Tracey

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Awwww well done :)))) That's fantastic. I bet you are over the moon about that..:)

Deebee
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Deebee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm

3/2010 I was 50

Just had my last Chemo on Tuesday :D

Deb

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the information. Initially, I was feeling funny about LHS..But that was because I was not thinking of the wider population. Now after seeing certain maps and posting this message, it's obvious it seems to be a geographical thing. Well, I should hold on from saying that until evidence just can't be ignored. But I'm thinking with this sort of information just from this post, this sort of thing can't be ignored.

What year were you diagnosed?

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:27 pm

4/2006 when I was 53.
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Deebee
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Deebee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi Kiangel,

I was Dx this March, I was 50.

I grew up in Montrose/Kilsyth/Croydon.

I didnt go to Lilydale Hight School but my sister did she is now 55 and cancer free.

I have 2 DS that have both attended Lilydale High School and 1 is still there in year 11. So i have spent a a bit of time there in the last 10 years. It is a big school and has always been quite large, presently there is just on 2000 students so statistically clusters may be harder to determine.

Good luck with your research, if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Deb

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am

Hi Gail,

Thanks for your response :)

That is what has lead me to want to look into this. I find it too strange that so many women get breast cancer and these sorts of things are not intensely considered. And women are getting younger and younger when they are diagnosed.

What year were you diagnosed?

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:44 am

Well I went to school and grew up in South Gippsland then moved to Melbourne. Only medication I was on throughout those years was The Pill but even that finished when I had an ectopic pregnancy. I worked in Sims street Footscray with the other ladies and it was very poluted working for a big trucking company. I can't tell you the shock I got when I contacted another of the women who is probably 52 now and she said she had it also, she was always such a health freak and she said to me "I wonder if it was that environment we all worked in"

This mornings news they said they are phasing out those toxic gas heater used in primary and high schools and we always had one going when I was younger. I just don't know, it just seems there should be some common thread that no one is looking into.

I even used to worry about the nuclear testings on Muroroa Attol (spell) and when I helped my son do his high school homework we were shocked to know how much radio active cr*p is laying on top of the desert from the Nuclear testings the British did here.

Rambling, but it certainly gets me wondering also.

Good Luck

Gail
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Kiangel
Guru
Guru

Postby Kiangel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Early days yet and still trying to find my feet with it. I just think the more info compiled the better this can be looked at and either taken further.

I will certainly keep you updated the more I proceed with it. Currently studying as well, so will be a slow, but steady progress. :)

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”