Stress, Support and Well-Being of Women with Breast Cancer

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
staceycqu
Wise one
Wise one

Re: Stress, Support and Well-Being of Women with Breast Canc

Postby staceycqu » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update - I have had a good response to the survey so far, but unfortunately I still need at least another 100 participants in order for the results of my project to be considered applicable.

If you have not yet completed the questionnaire, or if you have and know of other women who have had breast cancer that would like to participate, then please consider doing so, or passing the message on. It doesn't take long to complete and your time would be much appreciated!

If you have any questions about the questionnaire please email me: s0174075@student.cqu.edu.au Alternatively, if you have not completed the questionnaire because you are unsure about some of the questions, please feel free to email me and I will try and assist you.

Have a great weekend! :)

Thanks again,
Stacey

staceycqu
Wise one
Wise one

Re: Stress, Support and Well-Being of Women with Breast Canc

Postby staceycqu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much to everyone who has taken the time to complete my survey so far... it is much appreciated! :clap: Don't forget if you want to receive a summary of the results please email me at the address given at the end of the survey.

The results will give insight into the psychological well-being of women after breast cancer and how well-being might change depending on levels of stress and the amount of social support a woman has throughout diagnosis and treatment. In addition to this, the results may give insight into the effects of the awareness and utilisation of formal support such as your GP or a psychologist.

Again, I believe these are integral components of the breast cancer journey, and therefore the more women that complete the survey, the more complete the results will be. I am very interested in each woman's experience and am hoping to work in this area practically after my course so that I can help ensure that women have the psychological support they need, are aware of the facets that aid their psychological well-being, and how to go about achieving them.

Thanks again,
Stacey

staceycqu
Wise one
Wise one

Postby staceycqu » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Ladies,

After experiencing the breast cancer 'rollercoaster' with my Mum last year, I have decided to research (what I believe to be) important facets of the journey.

If you or anyone you know has been diagnosed with breast cancer, please consider helping me with my Postgraduate Psychology thesis (through CQUniversity). My research aims to extend understandings of the breast cancer experience, including the process via which women with breast cancer can achieve a sense of well-being.

Questions will include background/demographic information, thoughts and feelings experienced at the time of diagnosis, awareness and use of social and formal support at diagnosis and throughout treatment, and finally, current sense of well-being. The research project has received ethics approval, participation is completely voluntary and you can withdraw from the survey at any time.

Please click on the link to complete the survey.

Thank you,

Stacey Borsboom
s0174075@student.cqu.edu.au
Postgraduate Psychology Student
CQUniversity

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”