Breast Cancer Action Group Vic Latest Newsletter

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeh Jezza,
I believe cancer stats were not recorded like they are now, I cannot trace the records of my melanoma. Tried the hospital and everything and were likely destroyed. The surgeon retired.
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:50 am

Very interesting Janette.

Yes its a shame about the lack of stats. (Length of time ppl live after dx)

For example....I haven't had any tests or treatments for bc for years. I'm sure there would be no record of me being dx almost 18 years ago and still being around!

Makes you wonder how accurate any stats are.

I know there would be a pretty accurate record of ppl being dx but as far as progression to ABC.....do DR's have to notify anyone? Certainly there is no way they would for long term remission. No wonder we are a bit cynical about "stats".

jezza

Janette
Forum Legend

Breast Cancer Action Group Vic Latest Newsletter

Postby Janette » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:40 pm

http://www.bcag.org.au/

Follow the link and then click on the link near the bottom of the page.
Janette

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”