Jewish Women

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Janine » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:09 pm

Susan, this sounds like a great resource for Jewish women.

The Chatnight with experts on hand sounds good. Feel free to post the details in our 'Events' section.

I have heard that some Jewish women may have a higher risk of carrying a genetic mutation that could eventually lead to breast or ovarian cancer. Is this true? And if so, do many women get genetically tested?

All the best with JWBCN and also with your own journey.
:hug:
Janine

Susan Helen Cohen
Guru
Guru

Jewish Women

Postby Susan Helen Cohen » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Whatever your race, nationality or religion, the rate of breast cancer, I believe is not discriminatory. However I feel that if one needs a shoulder to cry on, then it feels better with some one with whom you have more in common.
With this in mind (before I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer of the lung) in 2005 the Jewish Women's Breast Cancer Network was established in Sydney. In 2006 the Victorian branch of JWBCN was established. At this stage we are just developing a data base and hope to have a Chatnight with experts on hand for discussion in the future.
JWBCN is affiliated with National Council of Jewish Women of Australia an Breast Cancer Network Australia.
Any Jewish woman who has breast cancer or has a friend or relative with breast cancer, is invited to register with JWBCN in their own state or contact me via admin@ncjwnsw.org
:idea: :hug:

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”