your thoughts?

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

your thoughts?

Postby emma » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi ladieees.
firstly, im new aorund here, so im sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place. im 16 (today) and at the moment im trying to raise funds for womens cancer (breast cancer in particular). im doing this to honour my aunty (a mother of a 3y.o daughter and 16y.o son) who was recently diagnosed with an agressive form of breast cancer which has now spread to the liver and lymphnodes. there are a few ways im raising money. one of those is that im having a party. this is mostly to celebrate my 16th birthday, however, instead of people giving me presents, they donate money on the night. for this event i am registered as part of girls night in. i have also contacted various different local businesses and media, asking for publicity and donations, either monitory or in the form of vouchers/memoribillias/etc. that could be raffled off either though school or through the community. i have had quite a bit of feedback and with each one it makes me more determined to keep going. as i dont suffer from cancer, im wondering how you think the money would be best spent. i have a few ideas. the money raised on the night of my party is going towards research,etc. however, with the moey raised through other ways, i have a few options. i) donate that to research as well. ii) make up as many pamper packs as possible with different lotions, bath bombs, etc. and donate them to either the mcgrath foundation or oncology units. iii) buy massage vouchers and donate them to he mcgrath foundation or oncology units. iv) donate it all to different breast cancer charities. here is a link to my cause: [link deleted] (mods, im not sure if im allowed to post links, so feel free to delete it.) - buying those journals and then donating them is another option.
how do you ladies think the money would best be used?
also, im pretty naive so this thing may be out of my depth, but the good thing about naivity is that you dont know when to quit!
i wish all the very best to each and every one of you and any responses are welcome :)
thanks,
emma

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”