your thoughts?

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:22 pm

hi everyone! just dragged myself out of bed and am at my nans as my beloved 'puter is down! grr. anyways, last night was aweeeesome!!!! everyone had a blast and it was great seeing my aunt again, she gave me a beautiful gold necklace with a quote on the back and a guardian angel on the front. we raised $381.15!! thats pretty good, but im still getting donations from a few different businesses with the nrl 'considering' giving me a grand final jersey to auction with a reserve of $1000!!!! i hope i get it.
well im off! i hope everyone has a marvelous sunday!!!
love em
In life, we get to make a lot of choices. We don't get to choose the things that break or haunt or hurt us, but maybe we get to choose how we respond and what we choose to believe in the face of those things. We choose our response to pain.

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cas145 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:17 pm

:hugs: Happy Birthday from another Librin and what a fantastic thing you are doing for your aunty Love Cas :hugs:

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ann » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Emma,
I won't give you any advice re the pink wig as I'm not sure.
I hope you all have a fantastic night! :champers:

Ann

:clap:
Carpe Diem

Ruth
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Good luck with your party Emma and have a great night. I'm sure we all look forward to eharin ghow you go. Afraid I can't give you any advise re the pink wig, sounds fun but withou knowing your aunty it's hard to know if she would get the joke - I know it can be a little fragile at this time, I would have loved it but maybe not everyone. Perhaps if everyone had pink wigs in place of party hats?

Have fun! :birthday: and a belated Happy Birthday
Ruth :kiwi:

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:24 pm

good on you emma. have a great night.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi emma, have a fantastic night.

Janettes right, everyone handles things differently ??

I for one wouldn't have a problem, I did mowhawks and fun stuff
the night I shaved my head.
It was my hubby who had a few tears that night :crybaby:

Maybe have a think how her hubby and kids will react too, as
they may feeling fairly protective of their wife and mum right
now. My little boys wanted me to wear my wig constantly at the
start as they didn't like ppl staring at me. "mum put on you spare hair"

Maybe you could wear the wig, and offer her a turn - she may even ask first.

again, have a great night
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi Emma,
Have a great party tomorrow.

It's hard to know how your Aunt would react without knowing her. We all handle things differently. :hugs:
Janette

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:04 pm

hey everyone! party tomorrow! hopefully we'll raise a fair bit of money!!!!!! just got great news that my aunty and her hubby and kids are coming up... thankfully she is well enough (at the moment). the bad news is that her hair has started falling :(.. she got it all shaved off yesterday, and mum said i should i buy a pink wig for her for my party... im not sure though. she is pretty light hearted, but im not sure if she would be offended? what do you think?
emma
xxx
In life, we get to make a lot of choices. We don't get to choose the things that break or haunt or hurt us, but maybe we get to choose how we respond and what we choose to believe in the face of those things. We choose our response to pain.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:24 am

Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:28 pm

thanks so much for all your replies! i think its great to have all your input! im still thinking about what to do with the money, but this whole thing is getting bigger by the minute! just yesterday i got a message personally from damien leith (im a massive fan of damiens!!) and he has kindly donated stuff as well. fifteen melbourne has also gotten behind the cause and donated a voucher - however, this is for my aunty as im trying to arrange a weekend away for her to and her hubby use when shes feeling up to it based on donations and ive actually had quite a bit of response surprisingly!!
well, i had better get going, i hope everyone has a great day :)
love emma
xxx

karin
Superstar
Superstar

Postby karin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:35 pm

Emma
I feel the best thing you can do is make as many people aware of this terrible illness.
I personally feel that not enough attention is given to younger woman (of child bearing age).
While there is much talk about screening for cervical cancer ....many young woman are unaware
of breast cancer as an issue.....I myself and like so many other woman on this forum would have
never thought of having a mammogram as the 40 plus age group is usually targeted.
Making younger girls understand that this can happen at any age would be a great start...
such as including this into secondary schools in a subject such as health....just a thought.
Please let us know how you go with all this.

karinxxx

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:03 pm

Emma, what a lovely mature young lady you are, and a very caring action that I am sure your parents and Auntie are very proud of. Happy Birthday :birthday: : :group: :jumps: I agree with the other ladies, I think enough money is raised toward research from the majority of donations so pamper packs or massages are a wonderful idea. The only problem I see with taking them to an oncology unit is there are lots of different cancer patients there, and a lot of older men. I especially would like to see some way a family who is struggling financially during treatment receive a little pack to cheer up their day but whatever you decide, thank you for your concern, it will be much appreciated by whoever receives your thoughts.

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Ann » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:51 pm

:clap: Congratulations Emma. What a beautiful young lady you are. All your ideas are great and I'm sure whichever one you choose will help immensely. I particularly like the idea of pamper packs as it is something personal for the people concerned and may help to brighten their day. If you decide on those, tell the shopkeepers when you purchase things what you are doing, and they may donate some extra things.
:hugs: Hugs and good wishes to you - we need more young people like you in this world.

Ann

:hi5:
Carpe Diem

CheChe
Guru
Guru

Postby CheChe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Emma

You just gave me tingles, what a beautiful thing that you are doing. You know, I really like the idea of making up some pamper packs and donating them to oncology units or the McGrath Foundation, during treatment it can be a pretty challenging time and to know that someone put their thoughts into making a pamper pack would surely brighten up some people's days.
Donating some money to research is also a great idea too.

Emma continue what you are doing. Good luck with it all - and Happy Birthday!

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi emma,

My suggestion would be to donate the money to BCNA and let them decide what to use it for.

All the best with your project.

(and happy birthday too)
Janine

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”