your thoughts?

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Belinda » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:17 am

Yay - sounds good - well done emma and cyndie - sorry - just caught up with this post. Bx
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

Cyndie
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Cyndie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi Belinda,

Emma and I did manage to catch up and she donated the items to The Breast Cancer Care Centre, RNSH at St Leonards - we are in the throes of organising a raffle for some of the items and the other ones will be used in a fund-raising auction later on in the year.
Cyndie
Living every day!!!!

Jan
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi Emma

Just wondering what you ended up doing with all the stuff and the funds you got together? I remember you mentioned an NRL jersey with a $1000 reserve, a whole bunch of DCs and donated goods, and some cash as well. I am sure the organisation you ended up donating it to was most grateful, and was just wondering what decision you ended up making?

Bx
Belinda

Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:29 pm

hey everyone.
sorry i havent been on for a while, my net has been out.
i have been busy with my gormal and work, but today i quit my job, which is something i really needed to do. i dont finish up til after next week though.
i hope everyone is doing well and has had a great week!!
cyndie - when is the auction?
In life, we get to make a lot of choices. We don't get to choose the things that break or haunt or hurt us, but maybe we get to choose how we respond and what we choose to believe in the face of those things. We choose our response to pain.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:14 pm

Belinda

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:12 pm

wow!! cydnie thanks so much, i will certainly talk to mum about it and let you know asap!!!
belinda - im not quite sure, i have sooo much stuff!!!
i have a massive cardboard poster thingy signed by the cast of mcleods daughters, the 200 episode script cover "confidential" signed by the cast, a few signed cd's signed by damien leith, 16 cd's (unsigned), a signed cd as well as two signed photo's from missy higgins, a cd signed by shannon noll as well as a signed picture, a signed "whispering jack" cd from john farnham, a $120 lunch voucher to lizottes and a family pass to taronga zoo. i know if i put my head down i could get a bit more stuff, but i havent sent many emails lately because i've been really busy.
do you think i should put the stuff on auction on the net or through that function? also, i think i need to get a bit more stuff to do up a raffle for the cd's, lunch voucher, etc.
In life, we get to make a lot of choices. We don't get to choose the things that break or haunt or hurt us, but maybe we get to choose how we respond and what we choose to believe in the face of those things. We choose our response to pain.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:16 am

Wow, Cyndie, sounds like you could provide Emma with some fantastic links and support -what do you think Emma? Bx
Belinda

Cyndie
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Cyndie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks Gail,

Anything to help - we have a good team at RNSH - and we have a target amount to raise to fund some new equipment for theatre, so have been very busy through my treatment this year....
Cyndie
Living every day!!!!

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:25 pm

Cyndie, I think you are very kind in your offers of help to Emma :hugs:

Cyndie
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Cyndie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi Emma,

The RNSH Breast Cancer Care Unit is running a Soiree probably next month, I have donated some items to be auctioned as well, if you want to give me a hoy - that would be great as I know that they are looking for more items to auction.
Cyndie
Living every day!!!!

yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby yowyow » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 pm

Ditto Belinda !!! I love a good bid. Emma I can get Kevin Sheedy signed stuff for you poss' (not until football season though)
when are you planning your auction ??
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi Emma - how is the fundraising going? What's the next stage with the auction process? Any more thoughts on what you think you will donate funds to? Will the auction be online or at an event? (If its online some of us would watch with interest and maybe even bid!)

Bx
Belinda

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:42 pm

they are going to be auctioned off. i hope it will raise a bit, but then i have to decide axactly which foundation to donate to :S

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:50 pm

Good luck with the exams Emma and with the formal, I am sure you will look lovely and have a great time. You certainly did well with the goodies,are you giving them to your Aunt or are they to Auction off, they should fetch a bit for you. :clap:

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”