your thoughts?

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:18 pm

hello everyone! sorry its taken so long for me to reply, no i havent fallen off the face of the earth! haha!!!
the study is crapola, but hey, its life! my aunty is ok, has chemo tomorrow, but she is pretty strong!
i have received a whole lot more stuff too!
ch 9 sent me that mcleods daughters thing, and its massive!!!!!!! they also sent me the "confidential" 200th episode script signed by the cast!!!! i have gotten cd's galore signed by various artists, zoo passes and restaurant vouchers too!!! its pretty cool! haha.
oh well, gotta hit books its my "night off" from working, haha!! im off tomorrow night shopping to get formal shoes and i finally picked up my dress. yayayayay!!
anyways, im off.
i hope everyone is doing great!!!!!!!
big love,
emma
xxx
In life, we get to make a lot of choices. We don't get to choose the things that break or haunt or hurt us, but maybe we get to choose how we respond and what we choose to believe in the face of those things. We choose our response to pain.

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Well Emma,

You certainly have had your share of challenges lately.. I hope the study goes well. Wow formal dress.. am sure that it is lovely and that you will look the bell of the ball in it.

You'll have to post some pickies for us on the big night!! :hugs: to you Emma. xx Michelle

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:19 pm

I hope your weekend goes well too Emma.
Janette

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:17 pm

hey everyone! well im having a better day today (kinda)... been on a bit of a downer lately, but i remind myself that compared to other im lucky!! at the party we raised $500, but as i said, im sitll getting more donations - some of which im awaiting on - so we should get a heap more money!!
as jetj mentioned, i dropped my phone down the drain :( (in the middle of talking to my aunt) and had to buy a new one with my firrst pay.
i have been pretty stressed out lately, with exams (i cant even concentrate enough to study!!) and typical year 10 formal bitchiness (its ridiculous!!!!!).
anyways, im going to seize the opportunity for an 'early' night, i am working til 1am for the next 2 nights, so i really should! tomorrow im off to pick up my formal dress *fingers crossed* and am going study befor eheading off to work, so i hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!
love emma
In life, we get to make a lot of choices. We don't get to choose the things that break or haunt or hurt us, but maybe we get to choose how we respond and what we choose to believe in the face of those things. We choose our response to pain.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:10 pm

Yes know how you feel Emma like I told you last night, I dropped my camera down the toilet. :pmsl:
Janette

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi Emma

Was sorry to hear that your mobile went down the drain and that your first pay had to go towards a new one instead of the holiday fund for your Aunty and Uncle :crybaby: but on the other hand the monies you have raised so far is sensational what was it around $2500 Fantastic :clap: :clap: I am so touched and inspired in your plight to help out your Aunty :hugs: :hugs:

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cas145 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:19 pm

:hugs: Well done Emma keep up your great work and good luck with your exams. Love Cas :hugs:

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Emma I was at a meeting last night and people were bemoaning the lack of community spirit, particularly in young people. It was lovely to be able to say that I knew of one girl who was the epitome of community spirit. I suspect we will hear more from you and about you in the future, and that will be wonderful.

Good luck with your trials.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:42 pm

Emma,
You're not wasting our time, good luck with you're exams. :hugs:
Janette

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jaybee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:30 pm

Good for you Emma, :clap: you go girl :clap:
All the best with your exams, sending you lots of :hugs: :hugs:

emma
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby emma » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:58 pm

hey everyone, again! haha. turns out i now have $460.85... and "someone" (i have a fair idea who) has mentioned what im doing to my school (i wasnt so keen on the idea, im pretty shy, LOL!) and now they are holding there very own "girls night in" and "pink ribbon breakfast" (which im organising) to raise more money :v_happy:. ive also gotten more donations which is cool! anyways, i have school certificate exams this week so better get back to studying and stop wasting your time, ha.
love emma
x

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Ann » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:17 am

:clap: Congratulations Emma - you are very special :angel:

:heart: Ann
Carpe Diem

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Great job Emma. You are fantastic.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:06 pm

Good onya Emma! I reckon you will go a long way in life. You're a special young lady. :clap:
Janette

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:35 pm

Great work Emma! Your Aunt and family must be very proud of you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”