Thinking Style in Illness Study

Many people give their time in different ways to improve conditions for the breast cancer community. Here we can discuss what's happening and what needs to happen. We can also celebrate the successes, acknowledge the input and learn how we can help or become involved.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hef
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Thinking Style in Illness Study

Postby Hef » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:23 pm

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all those who have registered for the study so far. I really am appreciative of your time and effort :)
Heather

Hef
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Hef » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks, Helen. I really appreciate it. :D
Heather

warpgirl
Superstar
Superstar

Postby warpgirl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks Heather - I've just registered

Good luck with your study, I hope it goes well.

Regards
Helen

Hef
Wise one
Wise one

Thinking Style in Illness Study

Postby Hef » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Everyone :)

My name is Heather. I am a psychologist and PhD candidate at Macquarie University and am looking for people who might be interested in helping me with my current study.

Typically, research into thinking in illness examines content, what we think about. In the 'Thinking Style in Illness', I am looking to explore how the way we think about illness might influence our thoughts and behaviours in relation to illness. Increasing our understanding of how people think in response to illness may help identify individuals who may experience difficulties in adjusting to illness and also guide us in developing ways to help you overcome these difficulties. It may also identify factors underlying resilience in illness.

The study is looking at a number of different cancer groups, at various different stages, as representative of acute illness, as well as diabetes, to represent chronic illness in order to reflect a wide range of experiences.

We are looking to recruit anyone who is 18 years or older, who has ever been diagnosed with breast cancer.

If you are interested in participating in the study, you will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires over the next six months (at three month periods), although you may, of course, choose to withdraw from the study at any time. The questionnaires can be completed on line or a copy can be emailed to you with a reply paid envelope. The web address for the survey is:

http://mris.com.au

From the website, you can read more about the study. If you are then interested in participating, you can click on a link to register for the study so that we can send you out a username and password to access the study.

If you have any questions about the study, please email me here or at heather.soo@students.mq.edu.au

I'd like to thank the moderators of the board for allowing me to post the details of my study here.

Thank you for considering participation.

Best wishes,
Heather

Return to “Projects, Issues and Actions”