Inoperable triple negative breast cancer

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Inoperable triple negative breast cancer

Postby ruth1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 am

youve gone through the treatment and now this. As Jayem said I think you need to see the Onc, your cancer counsellor and anyone else you can find for support and further info. Maybe join facebook group for women with advanced illness as I think talking to others is very informative and supportive. I hope you have family around you. Sending you a cyber hug. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Bookworm76

Postby Bookworm76 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:45 pm

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 pm

What a devastating outcome. I suspect you may be in a pretty bleak place at the moment but I will say that there have been many women who have been in your situation and most have had some good years, albeit with chemo and other treatments.

This will take some processing and my suggestion is, when you are ready, to have an honest talk with your oncologist about what treatment is available and what are the pros and cons of such treatment. Then, get all the help you can from the Cancer Council or a psychologist or a counsellor well versed in supporting people in your situation.

I am in a similar position although with a different cancer. Nonetheless, it sucks. In between treatments, I try and follow the Buddhist mantra of making every day meaningful and to have purpose. I was recently reminded that some days, when the fatigue is great, my purpose for that day may be to rest. I have found that particularly helpful.

My hope for you is that you can find meaning and purpose in your life now and that you have strong support as you come to terms with what having cancer means for you.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Bookworm, that is totally awful - feel very sorry for you facing this. What surgery did you have initially? I am not triple neg but we have other ladies here that are.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Bookworm76

Inoperable triple negative breast cancer

Postby Bookworm76 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:50 am

I had triple negative breast cancer for the second time last year. After surgery (only 95% of the tumour was removed), chemo and radiation I have now been told that it didn't work. It has grown back and they're now saying that it's incurable. Has anyone else on here gone through the same thing? I'm now on chemo tablets but I'm so unsure of what my future is.

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”