Sore mouth from chemo - ice therapy?

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sore mouth from chemo - ice therapy?

Postby jayem » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 pm

I did not have ice therapy such as you describe. My medicos advised regular rinsing of the mouth with bicarb and water. I can't really remember the ratio but a heaped spoonful per 250ml sounds about right.

I do hope you find some relief. Sometimes the side effects of treatment are quite problematic and really affect our day to day lives.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”