is there anyone that has forgone treatment totally and interested in alt treatment

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dogsdayout
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: is there anyone that has forgone treatment totally and interested in alt treatment

Postby dogsdayout » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 pm

I had the biopsy, ct scan, bone scan and thats it. I didnt want anymore invasive stuff done. If down the track it needs more investigation I'll consider it, and if theres pain that needs to be monitored and delt with then thats what will be done. So far I'm able to cope. Ive had family members and friends that have had all the treatments suggested by their Med Oncs and all have past (sadly) They all did what was suitable for them and I always backed them up and stood by them because I loved them all and that was their choice. I have just choosen a different route cause I feel its right for me. I must say Jezza youve done remarkably well yourself, 26yrs later and doing great, good on ya, I hope we all have a great run and grow old and enjoy whatever life has in store.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: is there anyone that has forgone treatment totally and interested in alt treatment

Postby jezza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 pm

I think on this forum we do respect other people's opinions and we are all entitled to make our own choices. I had a mastectomy and was advised by an oncologist to have chemo but my surgeon felt it was 50/50 and to weigh everything up. I decided against it and 26 years later it was the right choice (for me.) Others go for the "throw everything at it" approach which, depending on your diagnosis, may be the right way for that person to go.

A friend had a lumpectomy about a year ago but decided against the advised radiotherapy. Her friends and family (daughter a Dr.) were very annoyed with her but she had researched it and felt that it was what she wanted. I certainly wasn't going to tell her what she should have done as she was getting enough of that from others!

I'm a bit confused...did you have the lump removed and no further treatment...or no op at all?

I certainly did the intensive vitamin, diet thing (under guidance from a holistic Dr) for a year or so after diagnosis but found it expensive and have since just lived normally, with a reasonable diet and yes, I do enjoy a drink or 4!

Please join in anywhere, on any thread.

Hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

dogsdayout
Wise one
Wise one

Postby dogsdayout » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks janette, I hope 'we all do really well', I'm just taking one day at a time, if anything does go wrong I only have myself to blame. But heres hoping there are others out there that can at least relate to this topic and have a chat about what has worked for them albiet non traditional/non conventional treatments. But I hope you dont mind me catching up some time on the other threads, just to have a chat and find out how all you girls are going? P.s thanks for the hug janette I'd shove one on the end of this post but not sure how to do it (with them little bubble people you used)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi,
I think everyone wants the best outcome for others. I It must be so difficult to not have peer support from others who choose the same path. I hope you do really well. :hugs:
Janette

dogsdayout
Wise one
Wise one

Postby dogsdayout » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

I think you'll find theres a good deal of people out there who have forgone conventional treatment ruth but they are wary of most b.c sites in fear of being singled out and made to feel foolish for not taking the traditional route. I wish for all of us the best for whatever we choose and am interested in all of you girls, but I just needed to talk to someone who was on the same page as myself, and was hoping that I could have like minded conversations with someone, re: alt / holistic treatments or even in my case nothing in particular other than living well. I have choosen this path because it suits me and I dont endorse it for all, but surely theres others out there who would like to share what they are going through and share a laugh a cry and a cyber hug and no judgements ( for my non traditional style). And by the way Ive been reading the threads for a while now and I think your all fan-bl..dy-tastic women all of you are brave in my eyes, and I wish for you all happiness, health and laughs galore as we all go through this. And by the way thankyou to who ever turned down the heat as we are at least 5 degrees cooler today YIPPEE (I can cut down on the icy poles ive been scoffing)

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:22 pm

I think many of us read your thread but you stipulated boundaries for a very limited response therefore ruling out replies from most of us as we have all chosen to have treatment. I hope you are well and remain so.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

dogsdayout
Wise one
Wise one

Postby dogsdayout » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Well blow me down, I was not expecting a response from anyone as its been such a looong time since I started this thread and no one responded. So, thankyou patrice for even given this thread a " look see " and your valued view on the subject. I'm sorry to hear that you ended up with (down the track) mets, I suppose it could happen to anyone of us whether we have treatment or not. I'm a bit like you when it comes to most meds, they just dont agree with me and I end up taking more meds to counteract the bad effects of the first lot. Nar bother that, I've decided to steer clear of as much prescribed meds as poss, and I keep it simple, not overly into one thing or another. I enjoy a drink or 4 and a bite of whatever tickles my fancy, at the moment its lots of icy things because of the bloody hot weather we are having (is there anyone upstairs who can drop the temp by 20 degrees LoL). So thanks for the reply once again and stay happy, healthy, and in charge of what you feel is best for YOU

Patrice
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Patrice » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi
That’s interesting your journey and it takes a lot not to feel scared and this depends somewhat on who surrounds you

I feel it’s all about quality of life and following your intuition on what’s best for your body. So there is no same recipe for everyone. As a friend once said you need to make your own spaghetti

When I was in your spot I only had the lumpectomy and almost 20 years later it was back with mets. Now I am choose what suits me regarding treatment. I am sensitive to medication so tend to come down with lots of side effects and unable to tolerate so haven’t had chemo for example. I go off and have natural therapies but continue with monitoring

So on my antidotal research it is unclear that if one stays with the conventional approach you are better off. Certainly on the side effects and quality of life some are not. On survival rates we don’t know as there is no comparison data but there is certainly evidence now that people are staying stable or getting well doing a vast variety of approaches

dogsdayout
Wise one
Wise one

is there anyone that has forgone treatment totally and interested in alt treatment

Postby dogsdayout » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm

hi i was just wondering whether there was anybody out there that has forgone treatment i know its not a popular subject and a few are scared to let on how they feel about it but i will and im nine years out. I was dx with 1cm in 2011 but dicovered the lump back in 2008 idc er+ pr+ her2- and no treatment what so ever, am quite stoic in my resolve as to what inevatably will happen but am doing remarkable well at present i know a lot of people will not agree with my choice those of you who feel that way i take no offence but would prefer anyone who is of the same choice as myself to get in contact with, i dont want to battle through monologes of "i should have done this or that " i already know the info thats out there I have family and friends who are going through cancer so i am aware of the out come, I wish for all of you all the best and what ever you choose for yourselfs i hope its is successful and you are happy

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”