Looking for possible treatments

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Looking for possible treatments

Postby Tracey Gibney » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Andrea have you been on Faslodex? It works differently to the Ai’s. It is an intramuscular injection given initially fortnightly for the first 2 doses then monthly. The other combo I have been is Afinitor and Aromasin I had very few side effects on A/A. Again I did have the mutation that Afinitor targets.i would certainly try Faslodex and Afinitor prior to ceasing treatment.
Best wishes Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi Andrea,
Do you have a lymph node or tumour that is easily accessible? Prior to starting the trial at Peter Mac I had a tumour on my mastectomy sutureline biopsied to confirm my ER/ PR status and to test if I had the mutation the drug was targeting. The trial I was on was ABT 199 I think it is still running. It was a BLC2 inhibitor. I took it with tamoxifen. I was on the trial about 9 months. Prior to the trial I was on Palbociclib for 9 months. I was already showing mutations that give tumours endocrine resistance. When I changed to Peter Mac they requested all past biopsies I luckily had just had a skin met removed so I had a recent biopsy as well, they did genome testing to see what mutations my tumours had developed and what drugs would be expected to work. To be honest none of them worked for as long as you would have expected.
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Andrea I am her2 negative as far as I know. I recently had surgery and my oestrogen and progesterone have changed from positive to negative. I don’t think her 2 changes to positive as often as ER/ PR loses its sensitivity. So I am assuming I am triple negative now. Cancer is sneaky the way it mutates. That is another area you could explore.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi Andrea sorry you have progression. Have you thought about clinical trials? I am not sure where you live but I have also accessed Palboclicib on a compassionate access program through Peter Mac in Melbourne. I also did a clinical trial at Peter Mac. Wishing you all the best with your treatment and decision about how you go forward.
Tracey

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 am

Andrea,
Here is another link to clinical trials, there has been one happening for her2 + and there may be others.
https://www.breastcancertrials.org.au/c ... als/patina
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi Andrea,
I'm sorry to hear those treatments are not stopping the progression.

We do have some members who have been through lots of the available treatments. Unfortunately most don't check in very often these days.

There is the Advanced BC Group in Qld who offer support and their members have Secondaries. I will include a link. I hope you find some information and someone is able to help. :hugs:
http://www.advancedbreastcancergroup.org.au/
Janette

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”