Probable Liver Mets

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Probable Liver Mets

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:31 pm

I am so upset reading this Jan. Ten years down the track you must have been feeling pretty safe and secure. I can imagine how you are reeling :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Probable Liver Mets

Postby Janette » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry and sad to hear this, it sucks. I hoped you were in the clear. You've certainly taken every precaution to avoid a secondary diagnosis. Please keep us updated. :hugs: :sniff:
Janette

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Probable Liver Mets

Postby jayem » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Well, who would have thought I would be posting to this part of the forum in my own right.

After seeing my GP for ongoing nausea, an ultrasound revealed lesions in my liver and possibly pancreas. An urgent CT today has confirmed the liver mets but not the pancreas so I am grateful for that small mercy.

Back to the GP in the morning for the actual conclusion as to what is next but he has suggested biopsy/biopsies will be needed. He is going to talk to my oncologist... he didn't realise I was still seeing the onc as I am coming to the end of a clinical trial (which clearly failed).

To say I am devastated is probably stating the obvious. It is so frightening to think about what is to happen, how long I have and all those other thoughts that won't leave my mind alone.

I have never questioned "why me?" but this just plain sucks.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”