Probable Liver Mets

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Probable Liver Mets

Postby JudyB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:08 pm

I too have been wondering how you are going. This cancer business sure does suck doesn't it? One would think that after what we have been through we'd get some kind of a break but it appears that some of us are not so lucky. I hope that the treatment plan is very successful and not too difficult. Please keep us informed.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks for the update Jan. I've been thinking of you lots. I hope it is a very slow growing tumour and that it is heaps better than BC mets. I will be thinking of you and hoping for good results with the pet scans. Please let us know how you go. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:00 pm

I have no knowledge but slow growing neuroendocrine cancer sounds a better prospect than metastatic bc maybe?
I'm sorry you have to deal with another cancer and hope the treatment once planned is gentle :hugs:

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Definite Liver Mets

Postby jayem » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Well, I do have liver mets but not from breast cancer but from a neuroendocrine cancer probably originating in my pancreas. Poop.

I do not have a treatment plan as yet. I had a liver biopsy last week... oh what fun that was... not. I am booked into the Mater at Newcastle next week for TWO PET scans on successive days. Each day I will have a different injection to see just what the tumour is susceptible to, thus determining the most appropriate treatment.

As you can imagine, I have done a huge amount of reading over the last few days and am heartened that neuroendocrine cancers are apparently slow growing, although how aggressive this one is now that the liver is involved is yet to be determined. There is not a lot of literature with current data available although the Unicorn Foundation here in Australia is very active.

So, again we wait, but at least there are some answers now.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

carmie
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby carmie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Jayem.
Shocked to see this after not being online for quite a while. Wishing you all the best with this huge hurdle.
Carmel
Carmel

Dx 31/05/11, RB skin sparing mast with silicone implant 21/6, DCIS approx 15cm, IDC 3cm grade 2 stage 2 ; 2/13 nodes, ER/PR+,HER2-, Ki-67+ : TAC x6, Radiation x28. Hormone therapy to follow. Tamoxifen May 2012- July 2012 - Stroke July 2012 switch to Femara Oct 2012

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:31 pm

So sorry this is happening Jayem.
Hoping for no pancreas involvement
and a positive treatment plan for you.
sending love and prayers your way
winterlong.
:hugs: :heart:

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:32 pm

:clap: for your understanding oncologist So pleased the biopsy will be done soon. As we know, having answers and a treatment plan is reassuring

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. This forum has always been about support and this has clearly been exemplified.

I saw the GP this morning and he was convinced there was no pancreatic involvement and referred me on to my oncologist. Unfortunately his office was closed today but I thought he would be at the North Coast Cancer Institute in Port Macquarie so I contacted the clinical nurse there and told her my tale of woe. The upshot was that my lovely onc told me to come straight in to see him.

The news is mixed as he is not convinced there is no pancreatic involvement. He has ordered a liver biopsy which I can't have for a few days because I have been on aspirin. So I will have no definitive diagnosis until the week after next.

I feel relieved that my onc knows what has happened and will ensure the proper protocols are in place.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:51 pm

I was so shocked to read this Jan and I imagine it's as hard to take in as your original diagnosis after 10 years of doing so well. You have always been so supportive to everyone on here and I'm so sorry that you have had these results.

Just sending a big hug.

jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 pm

I am sorry that has come your way. As Tracey said there are so many drugs now to treat mets so lots to choose from. No pancreas involvement is great too.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:20 pm

Jan; thinking of you with love :hugs:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:35 am

So sorry do hear this very bad news,cancer sucks BIG time,wishing you all the best with treatment :hugs:
Rosa

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:05 am

Jan I am sorry that you have such frightening news however that there is 10 years from your primary diagnosis is a positive indicator that your cancer is not overly aggressive. I know of many women who have lived with liver mets for a long time. I am coming up to 9 years with mets. There are new drugs being trialled all the time. I have been on two trial drugs in the last couple of years with good results. A mets diagnosis is an emotional roller coaster ride but once you see your oncologist and sort out your treatment plan it will get much easier. Sending you a hug. Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Oh no, this is definitely something I didn't want to see. I wish you all the best with your treatment.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Jayem, sorry to hear of your progression. I'm sure you are overwhelmed at the moment......and you're right, it does suck! Good wishes, strength and determination are being sent your way.

And a whole bunch of hugs :grouphug:
MO xxx

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”