My breast cancer timeline from my blog

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mum2chloe
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My breast cancer timeline from my blog

Postby mum2chloe » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:55 am

My breast cancer timeline simplified

First year July 2002 to July 2003
Diagnosed stage 3 breast cancer 10th July 2002
Underwent initial lumpectomy, margins unclear
Full auxiliary clearance and right radical mastectomy
4cycles of 3wkly AC chemo ( adriamyacin, cyclophosphamide )
4cycles of 3wkly Taxatere
6wks daily radiation
Tamoxifen, zoladex

Second year July 2003 to July 2004
Tamoxifen, zoladex continued

Third year July 2004 to July 2005
Tamoxifen, zoladex
Agreed to cease meds to try and conceive our baby

Fourth year July 2005 to July 2006
Mid October 2005 we attempted our first shot at trying to conceive, had no idea if it would work or not due to the effects of Chemotherapy on my reproductive system.
Unfortunately our scans showed we had a missed miscarriage at 14wks gestation in January 2006. Heartbroken, underwent a D&C to remove fetus and clean everything out.
June 2006 found out we were pregnant again, sadly not to be pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy where fetus settles into the Fallopian tube wall. Rushed to hospital with a ruptured ectopic pregnancy at wk 6 gestation, resulted in the loss of one Fallopian tube. We were about to give up, underwent yet another D&C.

Fifth year July 2006 to July 2007
Roughly about 3mths post ectopic pregnancy (September) we were rather shocked to hear we were pregnant yet again and this was to be our last ditch attempt as I had to get back to my treatment for cancer,
Fast forward to 4th may 2007 and hubby and I finally welcomed to the the world our precious little miracle bundle Chloe Jacqueline Wood

Sixth year July 2007 to July 2008
Resumed tamoxifen and zolodex

Seventh year July 2008 to July 2009
Decided on having my ovaries removed to give me a greater chance of remaining cancer free
November 2008 underwent an oorphorectomy removal of ovaries.
Commenced arimidex did tolerate side effects so changed over to femara much much easier for my body to tolerate. Menopause is horrible

Eighth year July 2009 to July 2010
Continued ongoing adjuvant treatment with Femara but added Effexor to help with mood swings, hot flushes and depression

Ninth year July 2010 to July 2011
Decided to u derogatory genetic testing to see if our family carried one of the genes that potentially put your family at an higher risk of breast cancer than the average person i.e. Like brca1, brca2, pal52, etc

Tenth year July 2011 to July 2012
Finally after almost 10years decided to have my breast reconstructed. I was scheduled to have my reconstructive surgery the week before Xmas.

For my right breast that had the radical mastectomy and radiation treatment this would involve using my Lat Dorsi muscle back flap and have it tunneled under my skin and moved around to the open pocket in the front of my chest and insert an expander that can be slowly enlarged with injections of saline, then the surgeon had to remove as much radiation effected skin as possible them carefully sew the flap into this pocket and prey and watch closely that the blood flow remains and that the flap doesn't die. The expander was inflated with 100ccs of saline to begin with.
My left breast was a prophylactic mastectomy meaning they remove all the breast tissue but keep the breast skin in place, make a pocket to insert the expander, again the expander on this side was expander to about 150ccs. Then over a course of several months the expanders were inflated to their desired size. I stayed about a week in hospital to gather my strength, and went home with drains in place. The district nude to visit me daily until drains were removed, with follow up surgeon app in a few wks.
Then done the track the plan was for expanders to be removed and implants put in their place

22nd May 2012
Came with a diagnosis that would turn my world upside down for a second time and put me into a good 18mths of depression and inability to function normally. Interns words " sorry to tell you this Kim but your breast cancer has returned to you liver, it's inoperable, not curable, but may be manageable."
Shocked I asked to see my liver biopsy pics, which showed a liver looking like Swiss cheese.
So as soon as I had recovered from my bout of septicemia I could commence chemo but not before had

Tenth year
First year living with secondary breast cancer,
8th June 2012 to June 2013
40 doses of Abraxane 3wks on one week off
53 doses of Herceptin weekly

Eleventh year
Second year living with secondary breast cancer
June 2013 to June 2014
27 doses of Abraxane fortnightly
18 doses of herceptin once every 3wks

Twelfth year
Third year living with secondary breast cancer
June 2014 to June 2015
18 doses of herceptin once every 3wks
Daily Aromasin tablets instead of Abraxane

Thirteenth year
Fourth year living with secondary breast cancer
June 2015 to current
11 doses of Herceptin once every 3wks
Daily aromasin continued
Dx July 2002 age 28. ER, Her2 pos 96mm tumor. 8/12 nodes.
Mast. Chemo AC & Tax,Rads, Tamoxifen & Zolodex,
Nov 2008 Oophorectomy, Arimidex, Femara.
Oct 2011 Recon surgery LD flap
May 2012 Dx Liver mets , 2yrs Abraxane & Herceptin.
June 2014 Aromasin & Herceptin

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”