Brain Mets

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brain Mets

Postby Tigger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:52 am

So sorry to hear that you have brain mets. Too many ladies I know are experiencing them. :hugs:

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:15 pm

We long term HER-2+ are sitting ducks for brain mets. I really hope u can have stereotactic rads as so less invasive than whole brain rads. If you are after info I'd go to the ABC Facebook page(Support for women with Advanced breast cancer) as there are quite a few there who have brain mets. I know you were a member but if you have problems now just message me. There is actually someone there recently diagnosed like you with no symptoms and is having surgery i think. I had MRI on brain and neck yesterday as i have been having numerous symptoms for things so I may join you! I am hoping it is my blocked ear but why is my ear blocked?! the million dollar question.
Good luck.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Chrissy
Sorry to hear of the brain mets. I know of ladies doing ok after stereotactic rads and surgery. I hope it all goes well for you. :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:28 am

:hugs: hi chrissy,so sorry to hear that news,I don't have much to offer but hopefully others might,wishing you all the best......Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:26 am

devastating news for you Chrissy and a huge amount to face now. I have no experience with this surgery so cant offer anything except to say I wish you good luck and hope it achieves a great result. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Chrissy
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Brain Mets

Postby Chrissy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:54 am

Hello Everyone
I haven't been online for months but I have been sorta okay tho I have been recently dx'd with brain mets which was discovered by CT Scan on the Brain. No symptoms - something just told me! Anyway 3 mets were discovered and further MRI showed no littlies roaming around. My medical Onco said no surgery because where the mets situated . Sent me to a Radiation Onco (who I have seen before) and he said the same but he saw MRI he has suggested Stereotatic Surgery and has spoken to Surgeon to see what he thought. Anyway in short Dr Harper has agreed to see me on Tuesday so I am assuming all being well he will operate.
My Question is who has had this type of surgery and what can you tell me?
Thank you - Chrissy Kiki :grouphug:

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”