One year on since ABC Dx

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: One year on since ABC Dx

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi Sam
I'm sorry to read if your separation. I hope you have support still and that contact with your boys are positive.
The increase in tumour markers is worrying but you sound like you are in a good place and there are options there for you. Let us know what happens please.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:05 am

Sam,
wow you have some big changes - hope you are enjoying life on the coast as much as you can living with this. How are your sons? Hope you are in contact as I remember there were issues with one a couple of years ago. Life dishes out difficult stuff and somehow we have to control it the best way we can.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi Sam,
Lovely to hear from you. I hope the Onc comes up with new meds to counteract the rise in markers. I'm sorry about your marriage split, I hope you're in a good place under the circumstances. :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:58 pm

:wave: hi horselover,so nice to hear from you and still managing with Meds,sorry to hear your separated but hope you still have lots of family support. Rosa

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Well hell o again every one. It will be 3 Years since bone mets dx, and 9 since first bc dx. I am ok.

Haha! Reading back my last post on here! I am now separated. Living here at the coast. Markers have recently doubled. So I know the Onc is finally going to offer afinitor....... Mmmmmm opinions? Stil using MCO DAILY. Still managing 7 pain down to a 2 -4. No other pain killers. Onc will want me to have scans I spose as the markers have doubled and also, looking at my bloods, there might be issues with my liver for the first time :wave: :wave:
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:41 am

Tigger,
You certainly have so much to be angry about. I really hope you can get through the anger and find some peace and happiness. :hugs:
Janette

Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Tigger » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:16 pm

Sounds like life is treating you well even with the shadow of mets hanging over you. Every year is a triumph and great news that you don't have any organ involvement. I understand your choice to go for the anti-d's. I am seriously considering it - mainly because I am angry all the time rather than actually depressed. I am still angry with my daughter for how she treated me and whenever I have contact with my husband (we are separated) I end up angry with him beyond any reason.

I love the picture you draw with your words of the sand and surf and good family times :hugs: :D

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:11 pm

omg that year has gone sooo fast Sam. It doesn't seem like a year since that bad news came through.

You sound much better and seem to have got life under control and having a closer relationship with DH is great. Hope you really enjoy this summer being close to the surf. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi Sam it is good to hear you are going well!
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Sounds like you are in a good place now which is brilliant. Glad the anti d's are doing their job as it is good to lift you up a little. xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks Janette- too bloody fast alright! Onc visit next week - nervous already - I hate Scanxiety :/

with love from Sam

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi Sam,
Lovely to hear from you. Sounds like some really good things happening. I hope it continues to get easier. Gosh that year has passed so quickly. :hugs:
Janette

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

One year on since ABC Dx

Postby horselover » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi all you beautiful girls- Thought I would post as it has been a year since we found my mets. I am going ok, up and down, but generally happy to be alive! Two more on my spine, but so far no organs involved. I have become a vegetarian ( most of the time), and enjoying living at the coast, visiting my boys and grandson. My DH and I seem to get closer every day - I fear leaving them here without me the most. That is my biggest fear- I don't think I am even scared of dying per se, just of how the family will handle it. Anyway I hope you are all travelling as good as can be expected and enjoying life as it is for us as much as possible. Much love to one and all. :grouphug: :grouphug: Oh dear now I have written this I feel all sad :(.......... Life is so up and down isn't it? I have had to relent and go on a mild anti D as I couldn't control my crying and anxiety, but it seems to be ok now :) I am still not choosing to have chemo and am still very comfy with that choice, as are the family. any way love to all once again :grouphug: :grouphug:

with love from Sam

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”