Addendum to my vent...

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Addendum to my vent...

Postby The new girl » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:46 am

:hugs: Tigger it's hard watching kids make bad decisions but they need to make there own mistakes,you need to concentrate on yourself,sending you lots of hugs....Rosa

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tracey Gibney » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:40 am

Tigger vent away!! It is so hard because we want things to go well for our kids but we have to let go when they are adults. Could your grandson stay with you? You have so much to deal with on your own. Try and take care of your self. Sending you a hug.
Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:29 am

Tigger,
I really feel for you. I just wish that things could settle for you and allow you to look after your own health and your young daughter. I hope that your daughter and grandson can find a place to settle and be happy and allow you some peace in knowing they are ok.

You have a lot on your plate and you're welcome to vent here as much as you need to. :hugs: :grouphug:
Janette

Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Addendum to my vent...

Postby Tigger » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:00 am

So on Thursday evening my daughter announces that she is heading north again to live - leaving Sunday. At first she said Friday but changed it to Sunday because there was too much for her to do. She gave me a rant about how I should call her if I need help but she is leaving the day before my next chemo. I don't have anything in place for my little girl if I am sick next week. She is leaving me in the lurch and it is conveniently the day she is supposed to pay board for the last two weeks. I found out today that she was going to only tell me the morning they were leaving. My grandson is really unhappy about going away again and he is worried that things are going to go pear shaped as they normally do when she runs away.

I know that where she is going isn't going to work for them and that she is doing the wrong thing for her and her son, as well as doing the wrong thing for me. I am a bit relieved that she is going because it has been so hard to deal with her cr@p but this is the first time since my husband left that I have been on my own and it is a bit daunting. I am really worried for her and my grandson but I have told her I am concerned and she is telling me she has everything worked out. That is always a sign that she is about to do something stupid.
I can't do anything about it though, just need to work out my own issues.

My son will step up and help more but I am concerned about him because he has lost heaps of weight since my daughter came. I don't know if it is because he doesn't like her food much or he is sick. I have to get him to go to a doctor next week.

I hate cancer. It has taken so much of my energy and focus and I feel like I am sitting here watching my world slowly crumble around me. I know that it really isn't as bad as I feel it is but telling myself that isn't working. Sorry to blat all of this out here but the whole reason this is so hard is because I am trying to juggle my health in the middle of it and not doing a great job. Thanks for listening. I really appreciate it :)

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”