Progression yet again

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Progression yet again

Postby chrismelb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:07 pm

I haven't had Navelbine but many on the ABC Facebook page have. One has been on it for two years or so with Herceptin and she is going really well and tolerates it well. You have been 'lucky' to get so long out of Femara alone. If u want to get onto the ABC Facebook group just PM me your Facebook details so i can friend you and then add you. Tigger has recently joined and seems to be participating which can be a great comfort, we understand!!
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tigger » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:43 pm

I haven't had that drug but just wanted to agree that cancer sucks and progression really really sucks. It is good that you feel well. It's hard to explain to people that sometimes you feel just great but that is no indication of what's going on in your body. I tell people that cancer is a silent disease. It sneaks up on you. You can feel great but it is quietly progressing. Has happened to me quite a few times now. Hoping someone can chime in with some experience with that drug. :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Deb,
Hopefully someone will post who has had Navelbine. You could also do a search for Navelbine, which I have done and the results are below. Just click on the link, there is quite a few results.

search.php?keywords=navelbine&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Deb, I'm terribly sorry to hear about the progression, it's cruel. There is also a ABC Group on Facebook, there is never too much support for those with secondaries. :hugs: :grouphug:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Deb, I am soooo sorry to hear this - how awful for you and family and what a terrible burden to deal with. I just hope that this next drug can slow things down for you. At least you feel good which is something - it is strange how you can be ill but well. Long may that continue. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Deb.S
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Progression yet again

Postby Deb.S » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Ladies - it has just been over 4 years now with my secondary diagnosis, whilst in that time I have had A/C and taxotare for 8 months then 3 years of femara until that stopped working then onto Xeloda which I have just found out not doing a much at all. To say I'm devastated is an understatement, I now am going to start Navelbine, has anyone been on this and what shall I expect.

Saying all this I have never felt better, its amazing how well you can be when you have so much cr*p going on in the body.

Stay strong all - Deb xx

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”