Ozzesheila, jut saw u online

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Ozzesheila, jut saw u online

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:20 am

:hugs: that is so much for one person to cope with :hugs:
Hoping 2015 brings some relief for you

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Sheila, seems there's no easy solution for u to get a break. Can only hope you can swing it somehow before you have a mental breakdown. Very unfair to you.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

OzzeeSheila
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby OzzeeSheila » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Ruth, hubby refuses to go to respite because, apparently, I 'need' him. I don't know how much he helped me when he was in the mental health unit and I had to do everything by myself, including visiting he and my daughter in hospital.
I can't leave him alone for respite myself because he has been discharged from the MHU, and someone has to be with him to make him take his meds.
Our two sons live 30 mins away, but with both working and one wife working part-time, while the other has a new baby and a pre-schooler, they are pretty tied up.
If the Ortho says yes to hip replacements, I will have to take respite when I go in for that, whenever that is.
Fingers crossed things will ease up this year.
Sheila.
Maybe it is life itself that teaches wisdom to its youth. k d lang--Constant Craving.

Dx @ 48 in '95, RB Lobular Invasive, modified mastectomy, 4 X chemotherapy, 5 yrs Tamoxifen.
Nov 08, newly dxd bone mets @ skull, arms, hips, ribs, pelvis and knees. Arimidex + Bonefos. Jan ' 010, new tumour in neck on spine. Two weeks palliative rads to follow.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Sheila - that's a terrible litany of disaster. No wonder you aren't coping very well with all of that. Having to be primary carer for your husband and your daughter in her predicament and then you with huge problems too. Can you get any help at all? That is too big a load for one person. Can you get any respite help so you can get some time out?
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Sheila,
What a tearjerker of a situation. My goodness how cruel. Life just isn't fair to lump that on you. Not surprising you haven't been posting. I hope situation improves dramatically for your family and yourself. :hugs:
Janette

OzzeeSheila
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby OzzeeSheila » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi ladies, I am still around but not as round as I used to be when I first signed in here six years ago, after losing about 50kgs. Also not as well as back in those 'olden' days.
I should update my profile about txs but to give the short version:- I was dxed with liver lesions Sept '13 and started six months of Abraxane which worked for awhile but then switched off in Aug '14, so I was then put on Xeloda.
My hips have been giving me grief for quite a while and now the Ortho surgeon wants to replace them but won't touch them until the Onc gives him the go ahead. The locum Onc took me off Xeloda last week so I am hanging loose in regards to medication. Will be seeing the Ortho tomorrow morning, so keeping my fingers crossed....I need to be able to walk.
My 37 yr old daughter, Kellie, had a stroke last May and has been left in a wheelchair needing care 24/7, but has suffered no mental deficits as a result. After spending 34 weeks in our local hospital waiting for a placement, because we have a high set Queenslander house, she finally moved into a facility in Hervey Bay a week ago. She is settling in with 3 other 'clients' and the staff but we are still in the throes of sorting all her belongings at home to what she can fit in her room there.
DH had another mental breakdown in Oct which required E.C.T (shock) tx which left him mentally depleted. Living with what was once an alpha male and is now equal to a two year old - no short term memory which effects everything he does and results in not being able to find anything in the house. Because I can't drive at the moment, he is turning me into Satnav Sally, along with telling him the road rules all the way to our destinations.
I am worn out.....just trying to get through each day as it comes, in hope of some serenity in my life before it runs out.
When I was dxed with mets in '08 I had no grandchildren but have since been blessed by three grandsons and, finally, one grand-daughter late last year. No...they weren't quadruplets, but you know what I mean.

Sorry this was a tear-jerker of a tale, but here's hoping this year is a much better one for all of us.

Sheila.
Maybe it is life itself that teaches wisdom to its youth. k d lang--Constant Craving.

Dx @ 48 in '95, RB Lobular Invasive, modified mastectomy, 4 X chemotherapy, 5 yrs Tamoxifen.

Nov 08, newly dxd bone mets @ skull, arms, hips, ribs, pelvis and knees. Arimidex + Bonefos. Jan ' 010, new tumour in neck on spine. Two weeks palliative rads to follow.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:21 pm

I hope so too. :hugs:
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Ozzesheila, jut saw u online

Postby chrismelb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Hope you are going OK xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”