Update Tracey

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Update Tracey

Postby chrismelb » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:21 pm

My onc at PM is talking about immunotherapy drug too but I am sure that would be post TDM1. Great about the stereotactic radiation. Is that a combined trial? Such an odd mix if is. Enjoy your trip. My neighbour took off for there yesterday xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:41 am

Thanks every one for your kind thoughts. Jezza the symptoms haven't really changed. The MRI's did show a badly prolapsed disc at L5 that they think could account for the pins and needles in my feet. My onc doesn't think the two enlarged nodes in my right axilla are causing the pins and needles in my hand but really he is only guessing that. It will be interesting to see if the pins and needles go away if the nodes shrink when I start a new treatment. But it is interesting what you can accept and be happy about when things could have been a whole lot worse.
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby winterlong » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:12 pm

:clap: :v_happy: :heart:
:santa: :gift: :ctree:

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:25 pm

:clap: great news Tracey. I am so relieved for you. Enjoy Christmas and your new year trip :v_happy:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am

Tracey,
That is wonderful news. Immunotherapy drugs seem promising to me. I hope it proves to be very successful and you fit the criteria.

Now for a great Christmas, New Year and trip to Hawaii. :clap:
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 am

That's the best news ever Tracey. Must have been such a stressful wait. Now you can enjoy Christmas and your preparation for Hawaii. That trial sounds interesting....hope it can go ahead.

I bet you are glad that you mentioned all the symptons to your Dr. now....though I know you are very sensible about that sort of thing! Have they settled down at all?

Jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:24 am

Wonderful news any time Tracey but particularly welcome at this time of year.

Bon voyage!
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:07 am

Tracey, that is the best news. Now you can do your trip and have a great time and have a good Xmas too. Must be a big relief.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Well got good results today my brain is apparently normal!!! My oncologist is hoping I can start in a trial at Peter Mac that involves streroreatic radiotherapy for single bone mets plus an immunotherapy drug that has been very successful in melonoma and they are now investigating its usefulness in breast cancer. He is happy for me to continue as is because he is not sure of the exclusion criteria so I will go back to see him after our trip.
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Hawaii sounds fabulous, another place i didn't ever get to and have no intention of doing now. holiday comes first but maybe check your bloods before you leave after my experience. I know we have a totally different type of cancer tho xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Tracey,
I'm hoping things go well tomorrow and results are ok. A Hawaiian holiday sounds like just what the doctor ordered or should have. :xfingers: :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 pm

thinking of you Tracy with fingers crossed.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:57 pm

:hugs: all the best for tomorrow Tracey, :hugs: ....Rosa

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:49 pm

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Hoping tomorrow goes smoothly Tracey and the results are good :xfingers: good luck for your January holiday. I hope no treatment is necessary beforehand. Thinking of you :hugs:

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”