Update Tracey

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Update Tracey

Postby Tracey Gibney » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:29 am

Christine we didn't really discuss the treatment plan for the two new spots yet. I have numbness in my right hand, left foot and flashing lights in my left eye and as soon as I told my oncologist about these symptoms he ordered MRI's and a lumbar puncture as he doesn't think the new mets account for those symptoms. I was supposed to have the MRIs on Monday but the machine wasn't working when I got there. So I have a full day tomorrow with the MRI's at 830 and the lumbar puncture at 11 o'clock, I am being admitted as a day case because I have to lie flat for 4 hours afterwards. I will probably go onto Afinitor if I can't do a clinical trial at Peter Mac. Tamoxifen clearly isn't working any longer as this is the first time I have had progressions so close together as I had surgery and rads in June. My oncologist is away this week so I don't think I will hear anything until my appointment next Tuesday. We are going to Hawaii in early January for a friends wedding so unless my results are terrible I think I will do nothing as far as treatment until after our holiday.
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Tracey all th best for reults. Hillary my greet der Lo. Did they offer u just targeted rads therapy seeing as only 2 spots? That is what I will be pushing for if ever necessary...in th public system!! Lol
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

DancerMel28
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby DancerMel28 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Good luck with all of your scans and results Tracey will be thinking of you!

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kiwijan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:51 am

:hugs: all the very best
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:43 am

Quilla thanks for sharing your story. It is understandable that you had a melt down. I think the idea of brain mets is so scary because we are afraid that we will some how lose the essense of who we are as people or that there will be cognitive deficits. I know it is the right thing to mention all symptoms so the oncologists have a full picture but I don't think I have brain mets. You are right though once the results come in all clear I will be happy to be able to discount the possibility of brain mets.
Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 pm

All the best for your scans Tracey, I hope the eye problem is not connected to the cancer.

Quilla, I am sorry to hear about your brain mets but glad you have managed to stop panicking.

Thinking of you all often.

:grouphug:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:26 pm

:mad: for you both Tracey and Quilla this disease is so cruel :hugs:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:55 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: quilla........Rosa

Quilla
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Quilla » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks it's okay when I calmed down back in a better place and working again so not mentally bored.

Just hope everything turns out well for you because it is so easy to lose the plot even temporarily!
:hugs:

Pamelamary
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Pamelamary » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Best wishes for good results, Tracey.... Pam

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:43 pm

sending big hugs to all of you dealing with these really huge horrible issues - I truly admire your strength and resilience and the way you just keep going. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Quilla,
I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through as well. It's so generous to post in the hope of helping others, when you've been through so much. :hugs:
Janette

Quilla
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Quilla » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:42 am

Don't be sorry about mentioning anything ever as if there is an issue finding out about it sooner rather than later is so much better.

Also if there is a problem don't do what I did and go into total meltdown. I was diagnosed with two brain mets in early October and usually I am pretty stoic and a roll with the punches kind of person, since this was my one really big fear I just lost it totally and went into panic mode, I didn't even want to see the MRI scans while in hospital. When I was out and saw my Onc and Rad Onc, I went from freak out to calmed down and ready to deal. My Onc was like "pfft still plenty of options" my Rad Onc was "well yes brain is never a good place but you are in a good position etc". I looked at the scans when with Rad Onc and they really were very very small one to the point where it was really difficult to see and the other the size of a pea. The only reason it was found as it was the long weekend in October and I had had a huge four days, the Monday was the last straw went to lunch with friends and ended up staying for dinner and ended up having a jaw fit, which freaked everyone out (including me) had them drag my son out etc. I haven't had any issues since and I am careful about just how much I do and have had 15 days of WBR which seems to have done the job (with the bonus that it attacks the bone mets on scalp as well).

Telling you all this in the hope that it is the best case scenario but if it isn't don't panic because it really stops you thinking clearly, I was about to make some big lifestyle mistakes but fortunately came to my senses in time.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:25 am

Janette

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks every one. Jan I definately got the given your history speech. And the optometrist is pretty sure the eye is age related, part of me is sorry I mentioned my eye and hand.
Tracey xx

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”