Update Tracey

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Update Tracey

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:23 pm

What a nasty, viscious disease bc is. :grr: Why do BC patients get ill when leukaemia patients don't I wonder?
I hope the new drugs slow down the progression. Thinking of you :hugs:

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:32 am

Tracey, this is not the news we wanted to hear - as the others have said - hope the change of drugs provides some help. Sending you the biggest hugs ever :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm

:hugs: sorry to hear this Tracey,I pray the new drugs are a success
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:27 pm

It's great to have an update Tracey, I wish it was better news for you. I'm sorry to hear about the tumour breaking through the skin, I imagine that would cause a lot of discomfort quite apart from the other progression.

I hope the Afinitor and aromasin treat you kindly and work well. :hugs:
Janette

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:42 pm

So sad to read the drugs stopped working for you Tracey. :hugs:
you have been unbelievably brave through all of this. Hoping for a new lease of longevity from whatever is offered next.
sending hugs and prayers
Wendy
:heart: :rose:

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am

Tracey,
Wishing you all the very best with your new meds. I hope you get some relief. You've certainly had a lot to deal with and deserve some success in the trials. As always, a real trooper.

Mo xxxx

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Tracey I'm sorry to hear about the new mets and hope that the new drug regime helps you.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Well my run with the trial drug Abt199 has come to an end as the tumour on my chest has increased by 30% and now broken through the skin. I also have a few more bone mets and my pleural effusion has increased slightly. I was on 600 mg daily and the trial has now been opened up at a higher dose. To be honest I don't think I could have tolerated a higher dose. It is interesting that the leukaemia patients don't seem to have the vomiting that the breast cancer patients are experiencing.
I started on Afinitor and aromasin on Friday so far I feel fine.
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:16 am

Wishing you all the best Tracey. You've got lots of friends pulling for you.
Mo xxx

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:30 pm

lovely to hear some good news for you tracey.
Congrats on the new arrival. :) :heart:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:24 pm

:hugs: hi Tracey,that's great news to hear,and great if side effects are getting more tolerable as well.
Oh having the grand kids will be a great distraction for you,wishing you all the best
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am

you certainly deserve a big dose of good news Tracey. Feeling sick constantly is a huge burden to fight so having respite from that in itself must be such a relief. Having family close and the children too is a bonus and I hope you can enjoy everyday with them.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:26 pm

That's such good news. So pleased the treatment is effective. I've read about your journey with bc and find your no nonsense attitude inspiring. Whilst I'm sure you have down moments you have a great ability to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep on fighting. Glad you're having fun with your grandbubs.
Hugs, Mo xxx

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Tracey, thanks so much for the update. I hope so very much that the tumours continue to shrink and that the side effects subside.

It's wonderful your Son and Grandbabies are with you. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Ditto to what Judy said. So pleased the treatment appears to be working but sorry you have to suffer the dude effects. It's great that your son has leave that enable you to spend time with him and your grand babies. That must be great therapy for you too :hugs:

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”