Update Tracey

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Update Tracey

Postby JudyB » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 am

Oh Tracey that's wonderful news, I am so happy for you. Hoping it comes soon and you get good results from it.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:23 am

:wave: hi Tracey,that's great news,hope it works really well for you....Rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 pm

:xfingers: the drug reaches you asap and is effective

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Tracey,
That is great news. Gosh I hope it works very well for you. :hugs:
Janette

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Well I have had good news the Ibrance application was successful. It may take a couple of weeks to get the actual drug but at least I have a plan now.
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Tracey,
I've been wondering how you were going. I appreciate you updating us. I'm always really touched by your helping others, when I know you have so many challenges as other ladies with Secondaries do. You inspire so many. I hope you get access to that drug, please let us know. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Tracey, - how awful for you to be put into a state of limbo and left to wait. The powers that be at these companies need to be closer to reality when making unexpected decisions. Really hope you get a big fat yes for the drug. Keep hassling everyone until someone can get the info.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Gosh Tracey...what a rollercoaster...how exasperating that the drug company can close down access to a drug that your oncologist suggests. Hopefully your application is already approved.....so maddening that you are left in limbo like that.

I really hope you get some answers soon about your next treatment....are the new mets causing you much pain?

I was so sorry to read about that.

Hugs jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Thank you for updating us Tracey. I'm sorry that you have more mets and have to wait so long to work out what the next step is. Think of you often and the other secondary girls often. I hope that you don't have to wait much longer.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 am

:hugs: hi Tracey,the waiting would be so hard,and the procedures for these trail meds is frustrating as well,I hope you have the love and support from family and friends and hope your not waiting to long before you start on new meds :hugs: .....Rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:07 am

Waiting for treatment must be do difficult Tracey. I'm sorry to hear of the progression of mets. I hope an effective treatment is available asap :hugs:

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 am

I thought I would let you know what has been happening with me. The immunotherapy trial at Peter Mac still hasn't started so I had 3 months without any treatment and then had 4 doses of faslodex. I had genetic testing that said I was resistant to the Aromatase inhibitors but was possibly still sensitive to faslodex but unfortunately this was not the case. I have developed new mets at C7, T1, T4 T5 has increased in size, right ileum and lots of lymph nodes in the opposite axilla, and chest wall mets have got bigger. So I probably will be excluded from the trial as you needed to have less than 5 mets. So my oncologist suggested a new drug called Ibrance that has had promising results. However on the day he applied for special access the drug company unexpectedly closed there access program so I am waiting to find out if they have approved my application. So I am off treatment again while we wait to see what opens up for me. Peter Mac have been great but it is frustrating that the wheels seem to turn so slowly. Having cancer has definitely taught me how to wait!!
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 am

I see Shereen Loi for my TDM1 stuff. She spoke t me about some trial coming up next year, vaccine or immunotherapy??
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Christine I haven't seen anything official just what my oncologist has told me and apparently it is combined. I searched for lead oncologist ( Sherene Loi) and she spoke at the Santantonia conference last week. Her previous work looked to be Her 2 positive and anti pd1 so I wonder if that is why your oncologist mentioned it. I hope my oncologist has got his information right.

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”