Feeling proud of myself-

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Feeling proud of myself-

Postby The new girl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 pm

:hugs: sports nut and Tracey,wishing you the best outcome....Rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 am

Good luck Sports nut and Tracey with scans and new treatments :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Tracey,
I hope your scans go well too. Please let us know. :hugs:
Janette

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi Sportsnut my tumour markers are also going up and I am having scans next Monday. My oncologist has also suggested Afinitor and aromasin. I am a little nervous about the list of side effects but I suppose I should just be grateful that I have had 7 years on the AI's. I hope your scans went well let us know how you got on.
Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Sports Nut
Guru
Guru

Postby Sports Nut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Tumour markers are a protein that is shed into the blood stream indicating how active the cancer is. The numbers aren't all that important but rather the trend is whether they have been going up for a few months then that may indicate that a change in treatment should be considered. But if they are going down then that's awesome! Tumour markers aren't always accurate for some people but they have been for me. Unfortunately mine have almost doubled in the last 2 months so I am having a CT scan tomorrow but I know that my onc will change my meds, probably to Affinitor and Aromasin.
DX Feb 2010. Stage IV from the get-go, grade 2. ER/PR+ Her2-. No surgery. Mets to the liver. EC x 6, July 2010 Tamoxifen, Aug 2011 Femara, Sept 2012 Taxol (stopped due to neuropathy), Aromasin Jan 2013 to July 2014. Now on Faslodex and Xgeva and still on Zoladex

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Sam,
Good to see you getting out and enjoying yourself.

Good that the markers are down. :hugs:
Janette

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:13 pm

Yes he did say that, I don't even know what they are! but low is good I think :)
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Not sure how reliable tumour markers are but great that they are heading in the right direction:) yeah for distractions :clap:

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Feeling proud of myself-

Postby horselover » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi everyone- well I had a visit to the Onc the other day and he was baffled as to why my tumour markers were down from 94 last time to 62 this time- His words- "but I am only giving you a little pill and the bone strengthener"! I put it down to my hemp seed green smoothies and spirulina and Homeopathy! Doing OK this week but emotionally been very up and down- Off to Totem with my sister and a stay at the Park Royal in Sydney this week- another distraction from this new life of mine.
:grouphug: :happydance: :happydance:
sing like no one can hear you

dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”