Feeling proud of myself-

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Feeling proud of myself-

Postby schoolteacher » Mon May 11, 2015 8:48 pm

No problem HL As it turned out I was nursing mum for a few weekends. See how you go in November. :hugs:

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Mon May 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Was hectic ly wonderful weekend - I didn't get ntil Tuesday! so much driving but it was so woth it :) Schooly - I just didn't get the chance- so sorry:) Am down your way again in November for Fleetwood Mac and another getaway- Driving the coast road so ..... maybe then we can meet? :wave: :hugs:
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri May 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Unfortunately not. I assume HL was busy with the ABC girls as I didn't hear from her. I wouldn't have wanted to drag her away from the group anyway. Plus I've been busy with mum

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Did u two catch up?
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Moonee Ponds? That's not on the Peninsula. Closer than where you are now though lol I have texted you on the number in your PM. I hope we can swing something. I'll be working on 24th but the weekend is doable :clap:

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks girls :) - OMG Schooly I would love to meet in person! We will be down there from 24th April for 3 days. Well 2 full days for me as I am driving from Canberra. Mooney ponds or something? I am picking up 2 other ladies from Bairnsdale on the way.
23yo DS is settled here in Canberra with his fiancé and bubba, and 18yo DS is living with them! It has been a beautiful reconnection for the boys as there is 5 years between them the younger one had to grow up a bit so they could get close again! 18yo is doing much better with my dx. Still a bit lost as to what he wants to do, but big bro is so matter of fact "mate either go to school and actually do some work there..... or get a job"!!! SO MUCH BETTER than coming from me!!!
Love you, and I cant wait to meet you!

with love from Sam

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:47 am

wow Sam, big changes on foot for you. Hope you get that house sold soon and settle yourself in the new home. You sound like you are managing incredibly well considering the challenges. I am impressed with your energy - running all over the country. Hope you enjoy every minute of it. :clap:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am

Hello Sam. Thanks for your thoughts. All is good with me. When are you visiting the Mornington Peninsula? And how long for? I would love to meet you in person while you are in the area :xfingers:

Where down the coast are you looking to move to? Will your boys move with you?
I'm glad you have found a support group that helps you. :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Hi Sam,
Great to hear from you. Support from the ABC Facebook group is fantastic. It's important that you get the support you need and a trip away with them should be great for you and others. :hugs:
Janette

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Well... a little update. First I want to apologise for not being very supportive to others here. Wish I could do more, sometimes I feel like I am the only one on earth with this crappy thing and other times I feel like my support would not make any difference. I am a bit all over the place.
I have sort of crossed over to the "otherside" aka Facey page for ABC ladies only- Anyway, I am still going through initial shock types of mood swings from devastation of ABC to elation that I have not yet had to have any heavy duty treatments and my life expectancy gets longer with each Onc visit! I know one day that wont be the case.
I am still using Medicinal cannabis and Aromasin. I have an Onc appt at the end of April, first since going off the xgeva.
I hope you are all doing as well as you can and ticking of your things to do. In particular Schooly, my chemo buddy, I hope you are well and happy?
I have another busy month coming up with parents 60th anniversary, off to Perth for the Fairbridge Folk Festival and a trip to the Mornington Peninsula with some gals from the FB ABC group.
Also we are in the middle of moving (bit by bit) down the coast and awaiting for that special someone to buy our home here. I still have 1 beautiful horse, but have not been riding much- not sure what that is about, but I think my priorities have changed or something - :angel:
Well love to all of you and I wish you all well! :heart: :rose: :grouphug: :heart: :rose: :grouphug:

with love from Sam

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby winterlong » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:52 pm

That is awesome news Sam.
Really happy for you.

:heart:

winterlong.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:41 pm

great news Sam - really happy for you. :v_happy:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:46 am

:v_happy: great results!!! I am so happy for you. Those reports are hard to interpret. Best to leave it to the professionals and avoid unnecessary worry but we can't help ourselves lol
Hope you have planned something nice for yourself so you can have some fun now :hugs:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:25 pm

:v_happy: Sam,that's great news...Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Sam, It's so lovely to see your post. So happy for such good results. :hugs:
Janette

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”