Feeling proud of myself-

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Re: Feeling proud of myself-

Postby horselover » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Hey girls thank you for all your replies AND...... Zippity doo da! My markers are down to 36! Onc reviewed my scans and bloods today- I misunderstood the reports it seems.
I have been proclaimed in "partial remission"... Off the xgeva for 12 months and don't have to see my onc for 3 months! So just Aromasin and MCO and healthy living and fitness for me Pretty stoked I am - I actually feel like I can get on with things and stop wallowing and being scared of every day!

:v_happy: :v_happy: :v_happy: :v_happy: :grouphug:
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:54 pm

:wave: Sam,you have kept busy,a Reiki course sounds interesting,and it's great you still get to go riding,I am so happy things are better with your son now,let us know how you go tomorrow,it's your choice about more treatment,just go in with open mind :hugs: ...Rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Hello lovely
Good to hear from you. It's great to hear that your youngest is coming around slowly. I am so pleased for you.
Good luck for tomorrow. I hope the onc visit goes well without any nasty surprises. :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi Sam,
I was concerned how you were going. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Great that you're getting support from your family. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi Sam, great to read that your 17 yr old has changed and you have a better relationship now. This stuff is hard enough without family conflict to deal with too.

I hope you and the Onc find some middle ground to agree on if it comes to that. Its your choice with treatment - go with an open mind and then make the decision. It doesn't have to be made immediately either. Hope you find the best path for you. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi Rosa- Well I have just been plodding along really, up and down, still scared witless, and utilising MANY distractions- Woodford was brilliant and I did a reiki course which has been great. Not looking forward to Onc tomorrow as I am worried he will want me to have Rads or chemo on the spots that have got worse- Not looking forward to his reaction when I say no to chemo :( I may consider Rads if he can convince me there will be no after effects or SE's or any chance of it causing me to feel worse in any way- Or most important causing cancer anywhere else in my body :grr: Still riding, but not every day, and spending lots of time with DH. 17yo DS is much better about things and can actually look me in the eye and hug me again :angel: Older DS and his little family are wonderful too. I am blessed to have the support and loved ones around me. :heart: :heart: :heart:
I think of you all often - will let you know how I go :grouphug:

with love from Sam

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 pm

:wave: hi horselover,so good to hear from you,good to hear your coping ok,what have you been up to?.....Rosa

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Last time I was on here was exactly 1 month- feels like forever! I have crossed over to the dark side aka- Facey page for stage 4 girls! Bones scans came back as a bit of a mixed bag- some "resolved" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Some no change and some worse - No new ones though as far as I can tell- I am seeing my Onc on Tuesday so I am sure he will confirm (or not) my deductions.
Hope all you ladies are plodding along well and things are going OK for everyone?

with love from Sam

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:21 am

Hi horselover...good that your markers are down (and great news from you too sportsnut XX)

Kids can be difficult as many of us on here know too well. They think parents are invincible and don't seem to realise how hurtful remarks from their children can be.

I feel for you and hope your 23 year old or someone can talk some sense into him.

jezza xxxxxxx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:48 pm

yeah I'm not big on Xmas - things seem to happen that shouldn't. Sorry to hear your son is still behaving that way - very hurtful for you - especially with the circumstances being what they are but 17 is still immature. I do hope the next year will see him realise the error of his ways.

Do hope you can enjoy the day tomorrow and heres hoping things are ok in Jan.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi all - a bit of an update- Tumour markers down to 42. Scans in Jan- not much to say except some big changes in our life. 17yo still pi*&ed at me for being his mum- 23yo amazingly mature about the whole thing.
Feel a bit humbuggy about Christmas.

with love from Sam

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Great news SN.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:11 pm

:clap: great news sports nut. :xfingers: for good news from Tracey next.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Sports Nut,
That's so good to hear some good news. Thanks for the update.

I hope Tracey also has good news.
:hugs:
Janette

Sports Nut
Guru
Guru

Postby Sports Nut » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:12 pm

I got the results of my CT scans and blood test and rather please as I have been given another month on Faslodex. My onc thinks that the tumour on my spine is actually healing and she can't see other tumours. My liver tumours remain unchanged which is has been the case for about 2 years now. And my tumour markers came down a little bit so she is waiting to see if they stabilise in a month's time.

So I'm pleased at the moment

Tracey - how did you go?
DX Feb 2010. Stage IV from the get-go, grade 2. ER/PR+ Her2-. No surgery. Mets to the liver. EC x 6, July 2010 Tamoxifen, Aug 2011 Femara, Sept 2012 Taxol (stopped due to neuropathy), Aromasin Jan 2013 to July 2014. Now on Faslodex and Xgeva and still on Zoladex

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”