BCNA Secondary Awareness Day

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: BCNA Secondary Awareness Day

Postby Janette » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:00 pm

I agree wholeheartedly those with ABC deserve a special day. So many amazing people with secondaries.
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: BCNA Secondary Awareness Day

Postby chrismelb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 pm

They do do very little for us and most other places do/don't also. That's why we need to give money to research and not so much to awareness.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Sports Nut
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BCNA Secondary Awareness Day

Postby Sports Nut » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 pm

With Pinktober starting in a couple of days, it is refreshing to see that Breast Cancer Network of Australia has acknowledged Secondary BC Awareness Day which is held around the world on 13th October. I'm rather pleased that BCNA has done this as I personally have felt that they do very little for us special ladies.

On their website (www.bcna.org.au) there is a poster you can download and a Letter to the Editor template that you can personalise and send to your local media to raise awareness of "us". I truly believe that the majority of the general public don't realise that thousands of women and men die each year of BC.
DX Feb 2010. Stage IV from the get-go, grade 2. ER/PR+ Her2-. No surgery. Mets to the liver. EC x 6, July 2010 Tamoxifen, Aug 2011 Femara, Sept 2012 Taxol (stopped due to neuropathy), Aromasin Jan 2013 to July 2014. Now on Faslodex and Xgeva and still on Zoladex

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”