Healthy and do-able Diet from Sam with love.

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Re: Healthy and do-able Diet from Sam with love.

Postby horselover » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 am

My diet has kind of become a 5 day on 2 day off thing. I am not too strict and do love yummy stuff ( I used to eat a block of chocolate over 2 nights). Being on this diet I have not once felt like I am depriving myself, nor am I hanging out for my sugar fix.

I am bounding with energy and cannot believe that 6 or so kilos has simply fallen off me! Nearly back to what I was pre BC in 2008 :happydance:
So some of you may think you are depriving yourself, but you would actually be doing your fragile bodies a favour- IMHO- Please don't slam this post :( I just want you all to go on living , and I mean really living, for as long as possible :grouphug: :grouphug:
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm really glad that you're getting the support you need. There can never be too much support for those with secondaries. :hugs:
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Yes jezza it is an ABC one. Amy was so lovely and fought so hard to stay for her young family but the BC was too aggressive and wrecked her liver quickly. RIP lovey Amy. xo
When i have clarified who sportsnut is on Facebook i will get her into our very wonderful supportive group.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 am

:wave: hi sports nut,I was fit and healthy and eating mostly healthy before my diagnosis,now after finishing treatment but still on Femara I would love to loose a few kilos but it's just not happening as quick as I would like,I don't feel the need to change eating and drinking habits,I enjoy a wine or 3 :pmsl: I try and eat healthy most of the time but am not to strict,life is to short to all ways be consumed about every aspect of what we eat drink getting enough exercise and so on. All the best sports nut :hugs: ....Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Sports Nut,
Gosh stage 4 straight up is hard enough without Lupus as well. :hugs:
Janette

Sports Nut
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sports Nut » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Before my diagnosis (no early BC, stage IV straight off the bat), I ate very healthily, exercised every day and still got cancer. When I was put on Tamoxifen I maintained my good diet and exercising but I was putting weight on at the rate of 0.5kg per week! I'd look at a glass of water and put on weight lol!

So now I figured if I can't eat what I want now then there will never be a time when I can. And I'd rather spend my time doing things I enjoy than stressing about the lollies I ate. And doesn't stress negatively affect your immune system? (I know I'm stretching the truth here lol)

I agree that a good diet helps your immune system but as I have a bother up immune system anyway (I also have lupus) then changing my diet isn't going to make a difference.

For other women it gives them a feeling of control when they can control what they eat as we sometimes feel everything else is out of control.
DX Feb 2010. Stage IV from the get-go, grade 2. ER/PR+ Her2-. No surgery. Mets to the liver. EC x 6, July 2010 Tamoxifen, Aug 2011 Femara, Sept 2012 Taxol (stopped due to neuropathy), Aromasin Jan 2013 to July 2014. Now on Faslodex and Xgeva and still on Zoladex

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:56 am

:clap: :grouphug:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:01 pm

:wave: winterlong,life without drumsticks is not worth living,I can add a few other pleasures on to that list,like wine,and dark choc with mint yumm.....Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:06 pm

WL well I haven't actually used that as a medication for digestive issues but seeing as you thoroughly recommend it its now on the list!!!!
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:58 am

that'd be the one Chris.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 pm

And then there is my diet........
Ruth would that expensive local health food store be the big one in Darling St?
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 pm

with love from Sam

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Sam, yes I know that some people exist on junk to eat, cocacola to drink etc. I don't do any of that - I check labels and refuse things like colourings, preservatives and food acid. I shop often and go mostly to the local health food store which is enormous both in size and expense!!

I really appreciate you taking the trouble to post the diet and I do intend to do it. I need to lose some weight and because of stress, anxiety and depression I have been stuffing down some garbage lately. I find it much easier to control food when I feel good and the weather is warm.

I will be a bit sh@#ty if the studies show in a few years that diet has nothing at all to do with BC = all that unnecessary deprivation!!

There is a Dr who is an Onc that has written a book debunking all the common dietary and vitamin theories around cancer. He reckons that we do more harm than good by eating, drinking and taking way more than we should and it upsets the delicate balance in the body - I have only started reading it but it looks interesting.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Ruth1 :heart:
I think to go as far as you feel comfortable doing so. Having said that my head is in a much better place (today LOL), than 6 years ago. I am finding it easy to do.
I say do what you want- but really some of us humans are in a terrible place regarding food- There are extremes both ends :rose: :rose: :rose:

with love from Sam

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”