Healthy and do-able Diet from Sam with love.

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Healthy and do-able Diet from Sam with love.

Postby ruth1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I bought 2 bottles of hemp oil online and really have no clue what to do with it. Must research or any suggestions please
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:30 pm

My daughter has just been given some hemp ointment to trial for acne. I think (my memory could be faulty) it is white hemp? Or hemp oil? She's not home to check.
it sounds like it may be the new super oil

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:55 am

Hemp seeds are wonderful . You should be able to get fhem in your health cood store. Or on.line.
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:32 am

My daughter who lives in the States does something similar sometimes. I have made the green smoothies from I Quit Sugar and the vital greens in them are great, taste really good. In fact I now feel like making one! I'll have to get the goodies to make some - apple, mint, coconut water, vital greens, chia seeds, half a lemon..I can almost remember the recipe!
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

Sports Nut
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sports Nut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:49 pm

I noticed green hemp has been mentioned a few times on our forum.... what is it? Do these smoothies taste good?
DX Feb 2010. Stage IV from the get-go, grade 2. ER/PR+ Her2-. No surgery. Mets to the liver. EC x 6, July 2010 Tamoxifen, Aug 2011 Femara, Sept 2012 Taxol (stopped due to neuropathy), Aromasin Jan 2013 to July 2014. Now on Faslodex and Xgeva and still on Zoladex

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:43 pm

I am going to make myself some Mason Jar salads for my lunches tonight, will see how they go. If I can plan ahead and make some interesting meals then that can only be a good thing.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 pm

Way to go Judy B! Your son has made a wise investment in the rest of your lives with the vitamix! They are great- I have found that since green hemp smoothies in the morning I am not craving any of the rubbish. It actually feels great when I do have some choccy or whatever because it is truly a treat...... not a bad depressive habit like it was when I was pigging out! I used to have at least a whole block of cadburys rubbish every 2 days or so!
sing like no one can hear you

dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:40 am

Both my husband and I have started Weight Watchers (me for the fourth time!) and when I say joined, we are pretty much at this point just being weighed, not really seriously counting points. My husband has lost around 15kg in six weeks and I have lost 6kg. I have cut out some really bad habits of which I am too embarrassed to even type here and cut back a lot on the wheat but not given it up. It really is all about fresh. The more fresh you can eat the better. I am starting to feel so much better and my husband is definitely moving around a lot better. My son has bought a Vitamix so we have also had some lovely smoothies which really help with the vegie intake. I don't feel deprived because I still eat bad things when I want to, I have just conditioned myself to not want it as often or as much. I managed to eat some sausages in bread and a cup cake at the Grand Final luncheon I went to and still lost weight.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:29 pm

I just went back and it sounds like fresh, unprocessed foods, lots of vegetables, minimal meat, no wheat and reduced fat? It sounds pretty healthy to me.
We cook all meals fresh, mostly vegetables with fish, chicken or a little red meat. I eat very little wheat but do like a biscuit or small piece of dark chocolate with a cup of tea at night.
I haven't got into juicing though.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks Janette, I'll check back xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Angela
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Angela » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Sam!
I was absolutely delighted to read your post and the wonderful positive vibes it gave off xxxx. So happy for you :hugs: :hugs:
At the time of diagnosis it is hard to imagine that we do mostly find peace and acceptance and we all have our different ways. I know that you will be a fantastic help for our ABC friends who may need encouragement in the future :rose:
Dx April 2001 Grade 2 DCI. L lumpectomy. All 33 nodes removed clear
6/52 radiotherapy June 2001.Tamoxifen for 6 years.
Yearly mammograms always clear.
Dx January 2013 extensive bone mets, lung mets and metastatic pleural infusion.
On Arimidex and Xgeva.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Sam, as Chris said - this post is great - you have been kind enough to share with us and there is certainly no way it should be slammed. I think your generous info that is helpful to many of us struggling with weight problems is wonderful. Good on you for losing so much.

Its what this forum is about - sharing everything good and bad so others are informed to.

Hope you are doing well and good to hear you are back riding.
Last edited by ruth1 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:34 am

Hey Sam we wouldn't slam such a positive post. I am wondering if you could write at length what your diet consists of as I feel mine really needs an overhaul. Thanks xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:53 am

Sam,
It's great to hear you're bounding with energy and feeling good. I was wondering how you were doing. :hugs:
Janette

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”