Seriously- How do you all do it?

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Re: Seriously- How do you all do it?

Postby horselover » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Vicki i went to the November one and am looking forward to the December one. I am even bringing dh. Hope to meet you there.
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

Sports Nut
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sports Nut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Sam come and join us at our monthly coffee with other Canberran secondary ladies. I guarantee you that we will "get it" and you can vent as much as you want as we all do lol!. I found connecting with other ladies face to face was very beneficial for me and you can ask as many questions as you want. Our next coffee is the first Tuesday in December at 10.30am at Rodney's nursery at Pialligo. I'm usually running late cos I'm just slack like that but ask at the cafe where does Nicky's Group sit and they'll point you in the right direction. We also always have 2 ladies from ACT Bosom Buddies attend our coffees.

I'm coming up to 5 years with secondaries so I've had a little bit of experience with this sh!tty disease.

Cheers,

Vikki
DX Feb 2010. Stage IV from the get-go, grade 2. ER/PR+ Her2-. No surgery. Mets to the liver. EC x 6, July 2010 Tamoxifen, Aug 2011 Femara, Sept 2012 Taxol (stopped due to neuropathy), Aromasin Jan 2013 to July 2014. Now on Faslodex and Xgeva and still on Zoladex

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:25 am

You know u are not always sick on chemo hence why I am doing it. The main reason I have chemo is for my 15 yo Sam who is a female teenager giving me great grief!! We have a very contentious relationship but hey I still need to hang on for longer.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Yes - I am a bit like that Chris- I hate being sick- hence why I am not going to have chemo (at this stage anyway. However, who knows how I will feel when the Onc tells me I need to). I have been more into life lately and learning how to deal with stuff. Having an errant son helps actually - A bit of a distraction and someone who really needs me at the moment. :heart: :angel: :heart: :angel:

And you are all so right! We must focus on living! And enjoy it while we can - Love you girls :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

with love from Sam

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 pm

U know I don't worry about dying, I dread the sick part before I die, I hate feeling sick!!
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tigger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 pm

My answer to people that ask is "I'm going to live until I die".

Quilla
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Quilla » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 pm

The short answer is - there is no point in living if you spend you whole time worrying about dying, which is how I cope.

This doesn't mean I don't have bad days but it really helps to just enjoy every little good moment no matter what.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:35 pm

When I go away- I feel Ok- when I am at home I get so down, and unmotivated. I went to Albury and it was lovely, a wonderful distraction, came home and felt very flat again. Went to the central coast to do our tax and stayed in a beautiful house right on the water- Lovely- Now home again for less than 5 hours and it all comes crashing down to earth again - I think I want to be permanently on Ativan or valium or something..... And my Onc reckons 3 to 10 years! I don't know if I can do it- I certainly know what you all mean about family keeping you going- My DIL is pregnant again and we are all thinking it is a girl- I am stoked- of course- I don't want to die, but how do I find peace with this F&^%ked up disease?????????????? I had to cancel the ABC Facey page as I was getting consumed by CANCER- I don't want to be like this!
I feel like a kid having a tanty because I have no control over myself!

I am sure I will eventually find some equilibrium and come to accept the way things are, but I have NEVER had to deal with such astonishingly unnerving feelings of despair, and then gratefulness (I can switch in the blink of an eye), of being alive and wanting to make the most of everything.
Mum2chloe, thank you for your post- just re read and It helps me understand that it may take a while to settle into this new life of mine. Thank you :grouphug:

with love from Sam

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Sam so glad u r feeling better. Could u ask yr naturopath or whichever if I could get some of those drops posted to Melbourne? It would be nice to take a natural anti anxiety.
Jezza I really understand about those social workers for OS adoption as I closely followed my friends process. The hoops they mad you go thru were unbelievable and it is such a pity that they were not applied to people who really needed them.
I'm sitting on a balcony at BH and feeling very un anxious, don't think I want to go home!!
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Sam,
I'm really glad that you seem a bit better today. You do need to talk it out. It's so good the BC nurse was there for you. You are dealing with so much. Good that you can get away. :hugs:
Janette

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 am

glad your spiirits have lifted a little Horsegal. :hugs:
:heart:
winter

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

Tracey- where do you live LOL- only joking, I actually called my breast care nurse and had a bawl to here- she was very patient and kind. Then I had my Chill pill in the form of my homeopathic calming drops - They worked instantly. Then I had a big rest! I am much better today and played with and had a little ride on my horse. Now I even feel like doing the house work- I am going on a solo road trip on Friday down to my BFF in Albury. Can't wait - Schooly - I love you.
The ABC Facey page is another place to go and I am eternally grateful for everyones support.
EXTRAORDINARY WOMEN! :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

with love from Sam

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:36 pm

:hugs: Sam. Your pain is in your posts. I can't imagine how you begin to deal with all this. It perhaps isn't as real for your DH as it is for you. You are dealing with so much that is unknown and out of your control. How you arrive at acceptance I do not know. I am sure it will take time and that the ladies who are here travelling the same road will be your best support.
Thinking of you lovely and wishing I could do more :hugs:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:01 pm

:hugs: Sam sending You hugs,please vent here all you want,we are here for you......Rosa

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”