Hip replacement

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Hip replacement

Postby Janette » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:43 pm

Have a lovely time Jane. I hope DH feeling comes back, nerves do often regenerate. :hugs:
Janette

INTHEPINK
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby INTHEPINK » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:57 pm

The cruise itself is 12 days but we will be away for about 15 days. :) My poor DH had to have the op done again but it looks like he has lost feeling in his thumb....hoping it comes back with time. Will et you all know how it goes when I get back! :sail:
Jane.
“What day is it?" It's today," squeaked Piglet. My favourite day," said Pooh.”

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm so glad Jane that you're going. As I said before...at your own pace. I just loved finding a spot on the ship near a window or outside if the weather is nice and reading. They are pretty careful about bugs on board too...hand sanitisers before you go into the buffet area etc...and you don't even have to eat from there.

I am looking forward to hearing about it...how long is the cruise? It sounds exciting! Hope hubby had a good recovery from his op.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Hope you have a wonderful wonderful time :)
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

INTHEPINK
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby INTHEPINK » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Hey Jezza, sorry I took so long to reply. We leave on the 23rd. I was waiting to see my onc yesterday to get her thoughts. . She wants me to go and we decided to keep on the Zoleda while I am away so that the mets in my liver don't have a break! She just said I should stop taking it if I started to have any really bad side effects. So I'm off! :v_happy: Just praying that all goes well and that there are no 'hic ups". I will do my best to avoid crowds and won't eat anything off the boat. If we end up staying on the boat and not venturing out....what the heck...at least we will be on holiday. They will do a staging CT when I get back to see if The Xoleda is working or if I have to do something different.
Jane.
Jane.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:56 pm

When are you off Jane? I know its October so it must be getting pretty close! I bet you're excited...hope you're feeling ok.

Jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

I am glad to read you going to have your holiday. :clap: I can't imagine you being taken I'll so quickly that emergency health care is needed. Enjoy :hugs:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 pm

:hugs: I hope you gave a great Holliday jane......Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 am

I think it would be a pity to let BC take away your trip. You both deserve it. :hugs:
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:52 am

Good on you Jane. I think if you get into trouble you leave the boat and get on a plane to the nearest reciprocal country. Or leave the boat if it is at one of those countries xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

INTHEPINK
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby INTHEPINK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 am

Thank you all for your thoughts. Please don't think that me working is anything to be commended....I do it 'cause it helps me hide my head in the sand and as a distraction from the reality of my health. Also, I don't have kids at home. I admit now though, that I need to slow down so I can be more awake and able when my DH comes home. Otherwise he always gets the raw end of the deal. So, when my boss comes back from leave I'm going to ask to work mornings only.
We paid for our visa's the other day so it looks like we are going. The whole holiday was mostly paid and we can't get anything back if we cancel. I also looked at Gail's posts and she seemed so much sicker than me when she went on her cruise. :(
I'm also going to find out about a BC nurse so that I can have better communication than just my scheduled onc appointments. It makes me feel better to have a plan, thanks for all your suggestions - that's what's great about this forum.
Jane.
Jane.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:32 pm

As others have said...I think Gail was very unwell by the time of her cruise . I'm not sure what her Doctors said about her going.

I think you are doing so well to be still working so hopefully you will get the ok to go ahead on your trip. They do have a Dr and nurse on board and I'm sure your Dr could write a brief history of your illness and meds to take with you if he gives the go-ahead.

A cruise is relaxing....you only do as much as you want to....of course if you feel awful its not worth going as you won't enjoy yourself.

Please let us know what your medical team advises....fingers crossed for you!

jezza

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Helpful advice from Janette. Tough decisions ahead but I hope with more information you are able to enjoy your planned holiday. I too admire your ability to not only keep working but hold the fort! :clap:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Jane,
Most BC clinic's seem to have BC Nurses. I guess I assumed your treatment centre would have one you could talk to. You could phone the Cancer Council or BCNA and ask about access to a BC nurse or someone who could offer you some advice. :hugs:
Janette

INTHEPINK
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby INTHEPINK » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks Janette, how do you go about getting a breast care nurse....or are they only available for private medical aid patients? It would be easier to talk to a BC nurse cause it's very difficult to talk to or get to see my onc without a bit of advanced warning.
Jane.

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”