Hip replacement

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
Princess79
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hip replacement

Postby Princess79 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 am

Hi Jane, I had a complete hip replacement in OCT 13 before I was dx with BC. I had the lump there so must have had cancer at the time just didn't know. I was in hosp for about a week and recovery was ok. They will have you up walking the very next day(to toilet or to your room door) it will take about 2 weeks for pain and muscles to settle but recovery is just like a broken bone. Just make sure you go to physio and find out if the physio run any aqua based program's. If not ask your physio for a water based
Program as it is the best way to recover weightlessness in the water is best. Good luck hun and here if you need anything xxxxx :sniff:
DX 31/03/14 35yrs LABC 11.5cmx 10.5cm stage 3 grade 2 Neoadjunctive chemo ETNA Trial Abraxane & EC.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:03 am

I hope for good results, Jane. I guess it would explain the break. :hugs:
Janette

INTHEPINK
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby INTHEPINK » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks everyone. They haven't ruled out mets yet. Sent the bone to labs for testing. Takes some time for results to come back.
Jane.
“What day is it?" It's today," squeaked Piglet. My favourite day," said Pooh.”

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Jane it is amazing that it slipped thru the bone scan etc. All the best for Saturday.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

horselover
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby horselover » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Farout- that sucks- you poor lady going through all that- I really hope you heal well and are back on your feet soon. Sometimes the mind boggles regarding Drs who brush you off. I had a ct 2 weeks before the on that showed my extensive mets.... Go figure :ouch: Thinking of you - Here are some flowers :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
sing like no one can hear you
dance like no one is watching

with love from Sam

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Jane that is terrible, hopefully you now heal quickly
Tracey xxx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:04 pm

How awful!! That would have been so scary as well as painful. :hugs:

Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Tigger » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Wow! So awful that you had to go through all that pain :( Good that you have resolution now but it certainly came with a price.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:07 pm

:wave: hi jane,you poor girl :hugs: having to go through all that pain and taking so long to work out what was going on,good luck with recovery....Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Wow, makes me wonder if you have some osteoporosis to break it without trauma? You poor thing, going through that. Good that it wasn't mets causing the pain.

I hope you recover quickly from the surgery. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:42 pm

wow Jane what a horrible story!!! That first bone scan must have missed it completely - how awful for you to go through all of that. Seems amazing in this day and age that such a break wouldn't be picked up quickly. I hope your recovery is not months but these things usually do take lots of time. Lack of mobility is hard to cope with as everything is difficult. Hope you have pain under control now too. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

INTHEPINK
Your Maj
Your Maj

Hip replacement

Postby INTHEPINK » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:45 pm

So 5 weeks ago I had pain in my left hip. Went to doc and for X-rays but all clear. Pain got worse over the week so went back to doc. Bone scan done in May shows no hot spot on hip so he suggested it maybe nerve pain? Went on medication for nerve pain but spent the next 2 days throwing up so doc advised me to stop meds. Now using 1 crutch. I made a new appointment with onc, after the question 'have you seen your doc' I was told that since scan in May was clear it must be muscular not cancer related. Now on 2 crutches and in great pain. Thought I'd try acupuncture. He did cupping and needles and left me with lots of bruising and same pain. Went back to my onc and he gave me more Endone and upped my meds. Booked a CT 10 days later. Thought I was going insane so booked appointment with physio. Now struggling to move at all and in wheelchair with my DH lifting and carrying me. The Physio worked on leg at great pain for 2 weeks. Went back to my onc and he gave me more Endone and upped my pain meds. Booked a CT for 10 days later. Skip to Friday (5 weeks after first pains and now immobile). Went to Physio who now said he was really worried and would be happy if I had it checked out at the ER. Waited for my DH to come home and he said he agreed. So off we went. Long story short the hip is broken and I need total hip replacement! Op done on Saturday. Still no idea why it broke. Long recovery ahead.
Jane.
“What day is it?" It's today," squeaked Piglet. My favourite day," said Pooh.”

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”