Update on Christine

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Update on Christine

Postby chrismelb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 am

I was concerned about his tiredness and expressed the sentiments to him! He said it was alright cos he'd had a cup of coffee!! I also said same to anaesthetist and he said don't worry his a surgeon and used to it!
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:27 am

Nothing worse than waiting for your turn in theatre for hours. I had surgery in a private hospital at 10.30 one night. You have to be concerned about how tired the surgeon might be.

I hope the port works really well. :hugs:
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 am

Well I had my ports done yesterday, one out and one in. Looks ok at this stage. Huge bruise where they went into jugular. only problem was my wait!! Left home at 8 for 9am appointment to expected to be operated on about 11. Well it turned out to be 5.30 and I was only the third patient. The first case didn't finish till 2.30! I was seeing a vascular guy so they can do big ops. Anyway, left hospital at 10 pm cos I didn't want to stay in hospital and I made the right choice. I asked the anaesthetic guys to go easy and give me as light a GA as possible and they obviously did as i woke up quickly, yay. Here's to a good working port.
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby JudyB » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm so sorry to hear how tough things have been for you Christine. I hope things improve for you :hugs: :hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Lucinda
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lucinda » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Christine, I'm just sending lots of best wishes and :hugs: to you, you brave woman!
Thinking of you!
:hugs:

Lucy the Lump
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Lucy the Lump » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am

Hello Chrismelb - this is really good news you have shared. What a torrid time you have had. & your daughter too. So pleased that your friend came and got things happening for you and that your family will now be closer to you as well. It is the hardest thing to ask for help and sometimes even as hard to know what to ask for. But the lesson that if you don't say that you are struggling no one will know is 'gold'
Best wishes for a better quality of life Christine
Lyn :hugs:
Dx at 62 (March 2012). L Mastectomy (9/5/2012) Grade 3 IDC. 60mm. 5 of 19 Lymph nodes with mets. ER Pos (weak), PR Neg, HER2 Neg,
4 rounds of TC chemo (completed 17/8/12) - 25 rads (Completed 17/10/12) + Arimidex 10Nov12

Brain Mets 22Mar13. Neurosurgery 28Mar13. Rads start 24Apr13.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 pm

:wave: hi chrismelb,so sorry to hear you have been through so much :hugs: hope things are better now you are close to family...Rosa

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks everyone for your lovely posts.
Pam i am honoured to get the first post out of you!! I was hoping to see you at Breacan for morning tea but didn't. Hope all well with you. To everyone, Pam is in a simiar stage to me.
Jezza, when i move i will probably move treating hospital and get a new onc. I might even go to Moorabbin for treatment as apparently it is not too far away. Alternatively i will go to Peter Mac as i went there for a second opinion. I am happy to change also. I was thinking about the GP and i have a few contacts(like you!!) in area who can give me names. I look forward to High St becoming my strip of shops. I also really look forward to the trees that are in the area as this area is far more denuded of trees. They might make a mess!!
Take care everyone :hugs:

Ps I am planning on moving around May, maybe.
Last edited by chrismelb on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Kerrie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Christine :hugs: :hugs:
Your post made me cry. I can't imagine what it must be like to deal with ABC.
I am so glad you have such a wonderful friend and supportive people around you and so glad you are starting to feel better.
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Pam and welcome to the forum, lovely to see you post.
Janette

Pamelamary
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Pamelamary » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Chris,
So sorry to hear what you have been through, and glad now to know things are on the improve. As we all know, the loss of control and sheer physical AWFULNESS of treatment can reduce us to somewhere close to despair. But once you think you can go no lower, something turns up - for you, clearly, your wonderful friend.
Sounds like you have at least a plan for the way forward, and a realistic understanding of your strengths and limitations. It's almost not a battle with cancer (hate that expression), but a battle with our selves. Literally have to forge a new identity......
Hope your treatment plan settles and that all goes well for you.
Much love..... Pam

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi Christine,
I'm glad you posted. You do sound much more in control. I've always had a great respect for your no nonsense, tell it as it is approach and hope you can move forward with the feeling of taking back more control. :hugs:
Janette

Kazzie61
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Kazzie61 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Christine....thankyou for sharing all that with us :hugs:
It helps to know that others have the same highs & lows & that it is ok to ask for help (I'm not too good at that either) :(
We all soldier on the best we can which gives the impression all is well.....when often the reality is the opposite :ouch:
So glad you're feeling better & have a wonderful support crew....in particular your bestie :clap:

:grouphug:

Karen x
Dx 5/10/10, Stage 1, Grade 3, Triple Negative.
Lumpectomy, Node Negative, 6 x TC Chemo, BMX with immediate DIEP 20/05/11
Dx stage 4, bone mets 20/05/12, liver mets 07/02/13
Radiation June 2012
Monthly Xgeva June 2012
Chemo...Paclitaxel/Gemzar December 2012
Chemo...Xeloda Feb 2013

DancerMel28
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby DancerMel28 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 am

Was so happy to log in and see your post Christine! So glad things are turning around for you.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 am

Christine I am so glad you are feeling better and more in control. It is hard to accept that we sometimes need help but it does give people the opportunity to show how much they care. Sending you a hug Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”