Update on Christine

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Update on Christine

Postby kiwijan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:55 am

my thoughts are with you Christine :hugs:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jezza » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks for posting Christine. It sounds like you've had a really bad time lately...so hard to tell from Face Book though I know you have a great group on the ABC page. I'm so glad that they have found a drug to make you feel a bit better and I really hope that continues.

Do you have to go to hospital for your new drugs? I think you were being treated at home at one stage. It must be hard getting to hospital visits at the moment.

Hugs and more hugs

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:37 pm

Thinking of you Christine and hoping for relief with your new treatment.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:29 am

:hugs: what a terrible time you are having. Thank goodness for your sisters. I'm so glad you have them there to help :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:29 pm

I'm so glad to see that you posted Christine. I've been worried how you were doing. It's good to hear that your sister and others are being so supportive. Good that you're able to have some more treatment. I hope it helps heaps. :hugs:
Janette

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:51 pm

sounds pretty rough going the last little while Chris.
so sorry you go through all this horrible stuff. :hugs:
Go Herceptin and Navelbine!!!
sending tons of good wishes and prayers for you.
So great your sister took good care of you.

:heart:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:24 pm

:hugs: sending you a big hug Christine
Rosa

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Thanks lovely girls. Unfortunately my brain mets are on the trot and I have had some really bad times. I was feeling destroyed at home and actually went into ONJ for respite but it was awful. It was cold and it was like a hospital ward full of dying people. I was not expecting it to be so in my face. Luckily I got there in evening so only slept and at 10 was on phone to my sister to get me out of there. So she did and I spent 9 days at her house which was great cos I was looked after so well and had a great chance to recuperate. So I've been home since Aug 13 and had people here staying every night and looking after me.
So then I finally started prednisilone after bad news last Wedneday and it has worked wonders, except today I felt weird all day.
Anyway as I now feel so much better I will have more treatment for my head being Herceptin and Navelbine, rads not appropriate. Fingers crossed. Three weeks ago I would have found it hard to go with more treatment.
That's me girls xo
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Yes, would love to hear how you are going Great to see you with your sister on FB :hugs:

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:39 pm

me too.
always sending love and prayers your way Chris. :hugs:
:heart:

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Hey Christine....how's it going. I have seen you out and about on Facebook and it's great to see....and you have hair! I thought there was a chance that it wouldn't grow back after your WBR. I hope the SEs from that weren't too bad and that you are feeling ok.

Love to you and your beautiful girl!

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Same here Christine, always thinking of you. :hugs:
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:12 pm

:hugs: hi Christine,thinking of you and hoping your going along ok xx.....Rosa

Eirelass
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Eirelass » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Thinking of you Christine xx
Dx 28/3/12, EBC, Invasive DCIS; 4/5/12 Hookwire WLE & SNB, Grade 2, 16mm, 0/3 nodes, clear margins, ER+ PR+, HER2-; Rads July-Sept 2012. Tamoxifen. Writing my story www.girlinthepinkfreeruns.com

Cancer will not change you. It will amplify who you already were before you were diagnosed

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:43 pm

So glad that you are pretty much finished, lovely to hear. Hopefully the next couple of weeks won't be too bad, maybe some bad fatigue but we can all handle that can't we? Take care of yourself and rest up whenever you want to. Maybe get a hold of some talking books.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”