My Mum

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: My Mum

Postby Janette » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Mish,
I'm really pleased that the forum is helping in a small way. Maybe Mum is trying to protect the family by not discussing the bc.

It's good that the family are so close and looking after each other. :hugs:
Janette

Gail
Forum Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gail » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:48 pm

I can't give much advice Mish as new to advanced cancer myself. But I will say I have already learned that it it an up and down rollercoaster and you just have to hang on during the rough times and it eventually smoothes out again and you can relax . :grouphug:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:26 pm

That is so true Mish. BC affects the whole family so it's great that you can pull together and support each other. its not an easy road so anything we can do to help you, like getting conversations started, or giving you a safe place to voice your concerns is great :hugs:

Mish
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mish » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks for all the hugs and support. My Dad has seen me on the forum and asked what I was doing so told him, he asked if it was helping me and was I getting useful info I said yes - was able to have a conversation with him about BC and some things that may help Mum if she has Chemo. We are a close family but discussing this disease and the effect it has on Mum is sometimes a bit too much emotionally, so talking with Mum, Dad and my Sister about what I read here is a great way to start those conversations. At the moment we are all riding the rollercoaster and I know eventually things will settle down again and we will wait for the next wave. I tell Mum we are all on this journey together however bumpy it may get!! Mish

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 am

I can't add any information or advice but wanted to wish mum and yourself well. Any progression must be terrifying for you all. I hope you find some reassurance and comfort from our ABC ladies :hugs:

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Mish,
I don't know, but just wanted to send you :hugs: for you and your mum.

:heart:

winterlong

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:00 am

You are a good daughter to be helping out your Mum. I think she has been very lucky to have just had hormones for 2 years. Hopefully Femara gives her more time on hormones only. It is my understanding that they deal with soft tissue and bone mets but when it goes to organs they do chemo. All the best for you both.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Mish
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Mish » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:21 am

Thank you for your replies. I would love Mum to come and be apart of this Forum I think it would help her, but she keeps everything pretty close and she is not quite ready yet. I thought I could act as a medium of sorts and discuss with her what is said here and she may eventually join. Mish

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:49 am

Mish welcome to the forum, I am so sorry your mum has had this set back. Because your mum has been stable for two years on tamoxifen it is not unreasonable to try Femara especially as she is having rads at the moment. I would also encourage your mum to check out the forum herself, in the 5 years since my mets diagnosis I have found great support here. With a progression all the emotions and fears are bought to the surface again but you will settle down again. Tracey xx

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:06 am

soooo sorry to hear this Mish. I too cant give you advice but just want to give you good wishes. As Liv said there are ladies here that will be able to post for you. Ruth
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

liv

Postby liv » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm

hi mish a warm welcome :hugs: :hugs:
sorry to hear this about your dear mother and sorry i cant offer you any advise but im sure all the ladies lovely ladies on our forum will.
keep strong and best wishes :heart:

Mish
Your Maj
Your Maj

My Mum

Postby Mish » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi not sure if I am posting in the right area or not. Need some clarification and help. My Mum has bone mets (sacrum) this was pretty stable for two years after she had RT and was on tomoxifen. We found out early November that the cancer had spread to her spine L1&L4 and her skull she is currently going through another round of RT. Today we found out she has bilateral masses on her adrenal glands 3.6 cm and 2.3 cm and also her abdominal lymph node is 13 mm her onc says not to treat this let her get through RT and then assess in January. Her onc mentioned chemo. Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment as we were okay for two years now this. They have changed her from tomoxifin to Femara. I suppose I would like to know from anyone with similar and what we are up for next. Thanks Mish

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”