My Mum

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: My Mum

Postby Janette » Fri May 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat May 23, 2015 10:39 pm

So glad you made it Mish with the help of customs Hope you can feel us all holding you tight :hugs: :hugs:
Last edited by schoolteacher on Sun May 24, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angela
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angela » Sat May 23, 2015 6:40 pm

So glad you made it Mish! Sending hugs and strength your way. Be comforted in the knowledge that you have always been there for your Mum.
Dx April 2001 Grade 2 DCI. L lumpectomy. All 33 nodes removed clear
6/52 radiotherapy June 2001.Tamoxifen for 6 years.
Yearly mammograms always clear.
Dx January 2013 extensive bone mets, lung mets and metastatic pleural infusion.
On Arimidex and Xgeva.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 23, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm so glad you made it Mish. Thanks for letting us know. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ruth1 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:39 pm

What a stressful dash for you Mish. Really good that you got there though. Yes, it is very confronting watching your precious Mum going through the last stages of this. I hope she passes peacefully and soon so all the awfulness ends for her. Sending you strength and courage to face this time.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Sat May 23, 2015 1:35 pm

How special to be able to share these last steps on your Mum's journey.

Good work to Customs for ensuring an easy path through the necessities.

Hugs to you and your family.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sat May 23, 2015 11:42 am

Mish thinking of you at this sad time. I am so glad you made it to say your goodbye and be with your mother at this time.

:hugs:
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Mish
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Mish » Sat May 23, 2015 9:29 am

I made it in time, landed at 2.00 am Dad rang the airport and they rushed me through customs. Sitting in the hospital room now with Dad and my sister. It is very hard to watch Mum go through this Mish

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:22 am

oohhh Mish I am very sad to hear this news and I do hope you get there. You can only try though and if you don't get to say goodbye you know that your Mum has had the best care any daughter could give. The other family members are with her and you will all need to support each other especially your Dad.

Sending huge hugs to you. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 23, 2015 12:38 am

Mish,
I dearly hope you make it to see your Mum. If you can't get there in time, that's ok too. Sometimes people do wait and sometimes they sneak away when family are not there or turn their backs. She is surrounded by the love of family whether at the bedside or not. Thinking of you and family. :hugs:
Janette

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri May 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Mish I am so sorry your mum is so unwell. It is amazing how people so close to death can hang on until someone important to them has been able to say goodbye. My father in law passed away about an hour after his son arrived from England. Mish your mum knows how much you love her and cared for her. Sending you a hug.
Tracey xx
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 pm

:hugs: hi mish,I hope you get to see mum,I am sure if she can she will hang on. It's hard to watch her suffer,she has put up a good fight,wishing you all the strength to get through this difficult time mish :hugs: ....Rosa

Mish
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Mish » Fri May 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Been a while since my last post, not good news I am afraid. Currently sitting at KL airport trying to get home to Perth. Our family was on holidays when Mum took a turn for the worst. Dad rang us on Monday said she wasn't going well, then yesterday said better get home now. Mum promised before I went on holidays that she would stay with us until I got back my sister says she is sleeping 23 hours a day her kidneys are failing, and she has a rattle when she breaths but she is not going to stop fighting until I get home to say goodbye. I really hope I get there in time, I just don't want Mum to suffer anymore - it's time for her to let go and for us to say goodbye. Mish

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:17 pm

I can really relate to the anxiety!!
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Mish
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby Mish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Thanks Tracey, will definitely look into that!

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”