Advanced Breast Cancer Group (QLD)

For those wanting to share with others living with secondary or metastatic breast cancer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Advanced Breast Cancer Group (QLD)

Postby Janette » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Link to a video from our Forum Partners in Qld which will affect their funding and in turn, our forum. Very emotional wait for a dedicated group.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Labor4Woodr ... e_internal
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:51 pm

The Advanced Breast Cancer Group of Qld have a brand new website.

http://www.advancedbreastcancergroup.org.au/

Also a link to the videos on the site, one in particular is an 8 part series, Questions and Answers with Dr Vikram Jain

http://www.advancedbreastcancergroup.or ... es/videos/
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:13 pm

The Advanced Breast Cancer Group includes 3 DVD resources, which are available free from the following website: www.advancedbreastcancergroup.org

They include the original DVD, "You're Not Alone; a film about living with secondary breast cancer", as well as one for partners and carers. “Walking Beside Her” is based on the experience of Peter and Fran, who had secondary breast cancer for 8 years and died in January 2010. Throughout this time Fran was a member of the Advanced Breast Cancer Group, and Peter was a member of the Partners’ Group. In this film Peter talks about their journey together from diagnosis to the final days, in the hope that this will be of help to other partners and carers of women with secondary breast cancer.

We also have a DVD titled "Ask a Radiation Oncologist” which is based on a Q&A session with Dr Robyn Cheuk, Senior Radiation Oncologist, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital as part of a workshop run by the Advanced Breast Cancer Group in May 2010. In this film common questions are answered e.g. Is a single large dose as good as multiple small doses? Is it possible to have radiation more than once on the same site? How effective is it for treating cancer and for pain relief? While the Q&A session was for women with secondary breast cancer, it may also benefit people with other types of cancer.
Janette

Lucinda
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lucinda » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Just bumping this. Gail mentioned it would be good to have a support group. This group makes contact by phone in Qld. too

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm

The Advanced Breast Cancer Group is open to Queensland women with secondary breast cancer. To find out more about the group visit our web site at

or email us at wps2@bigpond.net.au,

or phone us on 07-3217-2998

"Since becoming a member of the Advanced Breast Cancer Support Group, I have found it to be an absolute highlight in my life. The weekly telephone Group meetings have helped me to find a measure of peace with my illness and an acceptance that the end of my life will come all too soon. It has ended the isolation I felt before becoming a member but the camaraderie I have found with these women has been incredibly uplifting, even though on occasion, the purpose of the Group which is to support us through sad events becomes reality. This terrible disease has had a profound impact on pretty well all the facets of my life as I’m sure it has with all women who have been diagnosed with secondaries. Coming to know the women on the other end of the telephone line during our weekly chats has helped me in so many ways. As I have come to know them and learn how they are living with cancer and how they have adjusted their lives to living with this disease, has helped me feel more at ease with myself and I am able to be more relaxed about my limitations and not dwell on the progression of my disease." Margaret, a group member.

Pia and Mary.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 pm

The Advanced Breast Cancer Group of Qld

Have asked that members from Qld be reminded of their services.

http://www.advancedbreastcancergroup.org/
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Don't forget you can order the DVDs, they are free.
Janette

Crystalady
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Crystalady » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks Janette I'll look into it.
First diagnosed in Dec 1998. Thyroid cancer 2006. Thought I was free and clear after 10 years but no, mets in spine in Dec 2008. Femara stopped working October 2010.Was on Aromasin and zometa. Now taking Xeloda and Zometa.Xeloda not working Dec 2011. Tamoxifen started. Feb 2012 Now on Abraxane.

angel33
Superstar
Superstar

Postby angel33 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated J.
Hopefully some members may be free to go
angel33
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Dear Ladies,

Message from the Advanced Breast Cancer Group Qld.

We are about to launch two new DVD resources - one for Partners and Carers called "Walking Beside Her: a Partner's journey with secondary breast cancer" and the second "Ask a Radiation Oncologist: Common questions about radiotherapy in the treatment of cancer".

We would like to announce this on the forum and to invite people in Brisbane who may wish to attend the launch. Both DVD's will be available free of charge as is our previous one for women "You're not alone: A film about living with secondary breast cancer."

"Walking beside her" is based on the experience of Peter who reflects on his journey of walking beside his wife Fran, who had secondary breast cancer for 8 years and died in January 2010. Throughout this time Fran was a member of the Advanced Breast Cancer Group and Peter was a member of the Partner's Group. In this film he talks about their journey together from diagnosis to the final days, in the hope that this will be of help to other partners and carers of women with secondary breast cancer.

" Ask a radiation oncologist" is based on a Q&A session as part of a workshop run by the Advanced Breast Cancer Group in May 2010 in Brisbane. Dr Robyn Cheuk, Senior Radiation Oncologist, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital answers such questions as : Is a single large dose as good as multiple small doses? Is it possible to have radiation more than once on the same site? How effective is it for treating cancer and for pain relief? While the session was for women with secondary breast cancer, we think it may benefit people with other types of cancer.

Both DVD's were produced by the ABCG and funded by Queensland Health.

Thursday 18th August
Griffith Film School, Cinema S08,
Cnr Dock and Vulture Sts,
South Brisbane.
6pm for 6.30pm

To register for this event please RSVP by
Friday 12th August 2011
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:53 pm

For new members.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 pm

For those with ABC in Qld please check out the following organisation. They have some wonderful support programs.

Janette

Return to “Secondary Breast Cancer”