I'm itchy & it's making me .... bbb..cranky!

Talk about anything here.
Uchews
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I'm itchy & it's making me .... bbb..cranky!

Postby Uchews » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 am

Great to hear its settling a bit Suzanne ... congratulations of having something work :clap:

Suzanne_
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Suzanne_ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Itchy boob seems to have settled down a lot :xfingers: Still slightly pinker tinge than other side, but it's not waking me up at least.

I've been using sigmacorte after one of you (sorry, memory shot :ouch: ) suggested it, so thanks so much for all your help everyone, I hope it stays away now :xfingers:

Suzanne
Op 15/3/11: Lumpectomy, lymph nodes clear. Results: HER2-Positive
Treatment: Taxotere & Cyclophosphamide 3 weekly X 4. Herceptin 3 weekly X 12 months. Radiation X 6wks. Arimidex 5yrs.

PHEW!!

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby SueM44 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:17 pm

It was a really good show. My whole family sat down and watched the show when screened on tv quite a while ago
Little did I know this would be a decision I would be faced with in the future so it was great to watch and discuss it before I knew how relevant it would be for me.
The DVD is available to purchase just google search the title ' Pieces of Me'.
On a side note I watch The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo on SBS last night. Stuggled a little bit to keep up with the subtitles ( was much easier on the big screen at the movies) but really enjoyed it again.
Must have been rerun night :pmsl:
Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

Uchews
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Uchews » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

OH yes Jezza, i saw that in first screening its good isnt it. It may also be available on DVD. Usually initial screening contracts for tv shows are a minimum of 3, one premier and 2 repeats over a 3 or 5 year period (exclusive rights). :)

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 am

I watched a rerun of a fantastic programme last night.."Pieces of Me'...about the Neave sisters who had inherited the BRCA2 gene and the decisions they made. Its been discussed here before. Great programme btw and also a book I think. The sisters are very articulate and funny though as you can imagine for us who have gone through breast cancer its a very moving story.

Anyway one of the sisters was trying to describe this terrible itch that she had after surgery...in an area that was numb so it was hard to scratch....I think you would all know what she meant!

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Uchews
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Uchews » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Suzanne, i think being itchy is one of the most difficult experiences to manage. I had an alergic reaction to tamoxifen about nearly one year after starting it, drove me nuts while it was being sorted out, and working out what to do, including stopping it for x amount of weeks, then restarting it again, to see if itch came back, which of course it did within one day of restarting it. BUT its not like yours, your area is specific.

I hope its settling, down and or the creme is working :xfingers:

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 am

Suzanne estrogen blockers will provide you with the same symptons as menopause. Discuss this with your doctor. If you have any symptons you are not sure of, check up those for menopause and I think you will find they relate. Sorbelene is a skin conditioner, it will only relieve the itch momentarily. You are better off to wash in it so that the condition is not aggrevated by soaps and gels and then apply the cream. Good luck x
Onward and Upward
GG.

Suzanne_
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Suzanne_ » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Op 15/3/11: Lumpectomy, lymph nodes clear. Results: HER2-Positive
Treatment: Taxotere & Cyclophosphamide 3 weekly X 4. Herceptin 3 weekly X 12 months. Radiation X 6wks. Arimidex 5yrs.

PHEW!!

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Shivers hibiscusmum, you poor thing :hugs: that sounds so uncomfortable.

I dont know much about excemea. But when I used to teach, one of our little fellas had it, and it was linked to his asthma, so whenever he had bad asthma all his excemea would flare up too. :( poor little guy.

Im sad to read that its worse for you now. I truly hope that you and the doctors are able to get everything back under control.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault
DxMay06 3cm IDC 5/15nodes ER+
2xlumpectomy
4xAC 4xTaxol 30 rad

hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby hibiscusmum » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Oh no 6 years don't tell me that. I'm 18 months+ down the track. I ended up at a Dermatologist for other excema as well & they gave me Diprosone, plus I take Fexo tabs as I need them.
Unfortunately I have excema here & there on every part of my body (suffered since I was 14) but it is worse now, drives me crazy. Just thankfull my eyelids & under eye has cleared up, but that took over 12 months!

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby SueM44 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 pm

the itching started for me after rads had finished. i just thought it was something to do with the skin and cells healing.
i found rubbing in the cream even after rads had finished and cooling the site down with cool facewashers helped as well.
Hope you are able to get some relief soon
Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby gallopinggranny » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Lack of estrogen will make you itch and I used to make myself bleed. provided the skin is not broken I found relief from Sigmacort 1% cream. It is magic. Check with your doctor or chemist first to make sure it is okay with anything else you might be taking at the moment. Good luck :wave:
Onward and Upward

GG.

Nikoleta
Guru
Guru

Postby Nikoleta » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:50 am

sounds very annoying,

hope it will stop soon, as I can imagine how you must be feeling

xxx
Nikoleta

Shell225
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Shell225 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:29 am

thanks for the Zyrtec idea - I'll definitely be giving that a go. Im 6 years down the track and even as I type this I have the annoying itch happening.. :ouch:
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Robert Brault

DxMay06 3cm IDC 5/15nodes ER+

2xlumpectomy

4xAC 4xTaxol 30 rad

Tigger
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Tigger » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 am

I used cortisone during rads to combat the itch but it didn't do a whole lot. After rads when I lost several layers of chest the itching drove me nuts coz I couldn't scratch it without skin coming off but it did subside fairly quickly.

Right now I have fierce itching under my arm and nothing I can do about it in terms of scratching coz it is mostly numb. I do find that something like Zyrtec (I am using Xergic) which has an anti allergy itch factor in it can help.

Return to “General Discussions”